smalljob

K161 Serial number tag rivets

smalljob

I am restoring a K161 and someone had over sprayed the metal serial number tag. I ordered a reproduction decal from Redo Your Horse which I would like stick over the original plate. Unfortunately I am missing 2 of the little rivets that hold the plate on. I was wondering if anyone has come up a replacement. I have looked at Granger and McMaster Car and found something that might work called a plot rivet. Or possibly some small stainless screws??

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Bill

• Like 1

dclarke

I use 1/8” aluminum pop rivets. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Freightliner Guy

:text-welcomewave: and :banana-gotpics:

WHX??

:text-welcomeconfetti::rs:

I like @dclarke 's idea but I use small SS machine screws when faced with your dilemma. Especially if the rest of the tractor or motor is SS. 

If your desire is to stay all original put an ad in wanted I'm sure someone here would have them off a parts motor.  

• Like 1

smalljob

I thought a little more about this. Thinking that maybe just using a regular blind rivet should work.

• Like 1

smalljob
33 minutes ago, dclarke said:

I use 1/8” aluminum pop rivets. 

thanks just saw your post

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

I too had been looking for the 1?16" rivets and have had no luck.

ri702bill

Or, if you have deep pockets, you could use rosette vin tag rivets - check the jungle and 'bay sites. The sellers are exceptionally proud of them - $50 bucks for TWO !! (you need 4)......

NOT..!!!

• Sad 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Made of unobtainium Richard? They were factory used to hold the headlight bucket on on most horses. They were pop rivets. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

ineedanother
8 hours ago, smalljob said:

I am restoring a K161 and someone had over sprayed the metal serial number tag. I ordered a reproduction decal from Redo Your Horse which I would like stick over the original plate. Unfortunately I am missing 2 of the little rivets that hold the plate on. I was wondering if anyone has come up a replacement. I have looked at Granger and McMaster Car and found something that might work called a plot rivet. Or possibly some small stainless screws??

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Bill

There's another name for these but I can't recall at the moment (senior moment that is...)

https://hhclassic.com/i-13710142-delco-serial-number-tag-rivet-set.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP Shop - Catch All&utm_term=4586956355564303&utm_content=Catch All

smalljob

I have used the rivets like shown above to attach a tag to a SG. I think I will just enlarge the hole to 1/8 and use the standard pop rivet. Thank you everyone for your responses.

Bil

rmaynard

Try going to your local Michaels craft store. They have all sorts of tiny rivets that might work.

squonk
On 9/22/2022 at 1:44 PM, 953 nut said:

I looked all over for 1/16" last year. No luck. I just drilled the holes out for 1/8". They looked ok to me.