huey

520 electrical gremlins

gwest_ca

There are 2 places where the orange wire splits into two more orange. One wire turns into two which could be three wires joined. I do not know how they did this. Have seen where 2 wires are in a single terminal to make a connection but never three.

Wondering if there isn't a bad connection at one of the two interrupting the power.

Do you see these multiwire connections? I'm looking at the complete schematic and the black dots are the connections.

• Like 1

huey
41 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Have you checked the ignition switch function with a test light or voltmeter? Click on the pictures to see the description.

I haven't did this test but switched it with a known working igition switch and still same result! i will do this test tomorrw\ow and get back to you thanks for trying to figure this out with me!

huey

Ok i have checked the ignition switch and is working fine, i have tested with a test light everywhere on the tractor that i see a orange wire from the seat switch to the ignition switch to any relay with a orange wire and have power with key on and start position. Now from what i understand the seat switch has nothing to do with starting the tractor just the pto and motion lever so with the key in the on position i have checked the micro switchs pto and motion and they are working properly but when i turn ignition to start i loose power through all micro switches starting with pto then motion control then to the  brown wire at seat switch i don't understand it but this is what happens.I'm ready to say screw it and bypass all switches

gwest_ca

when i turn ignition to start i loose power through all micro switches starting with pto then motion control then to the  brown wire at seat switch i don't understand it but this is what happens.I'm ready to say screw it and bypass all switches

Is this the orange wire has no power or any of them in that component?

huey
52 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

when i turn ignition to start i loose power through all micro switches starting with pto then motion control then to the  brown wire at seat switch i don't understand it but this is what happens.I'm ready to say screw it and bypass all switches

Is this the orange wire has no power or any of them in that component?

The orange wire never looses power with key on or at start any where. This is with the seat switch unplugged and no jumper, I notice power loss starting with the green wire at pto switch that i think comes from #30 at my switching relay that looses power when key is in start position. hopefully not confusing you

gwest_ca
43 minutes ago, huey said:

The orange wire never looses power with key on or at start any where. This is with the seat switch unplugged and no jumper, 

This part is correct.

I notice power loss starting with the green wire at pto switch that i think comes from #30 at my switching relay that looses power when key is in start position. hopefully not confusing you

This part is also correct and tells us the switching relay is activated. Normally the green wire gets it's power from the orange wire but in START the switching relay opens that connection so now no power in green. 

The green now needs to get it's power from the pto switch (pto must be OFF) so power goes from purple to green.

The purple gets it's power from the motion switch which must be in the neutral position so the purple and brown are connected.

The brown gets it's power from the seat switch with operator in seat - so put the jumper back in. Green should now have power.

The switching relay will pass power from green to dark blue which closes the start relay and sends power to the starter on the light blue - engine starts.

Don't give up - we are going to get this.

• Like 2

huey
2 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

The green now needs to get it's power from the pto switch (pto must be OFF) so power goes from purple to green.

The purple gets it's power from the motion switch which must be in the neutral position so the purple and brown are connected.

The brown gets it's power from the seat switch with operator in seat - so put the jumper back in. Green should now have power.

The switching relay will pass power from green to dark blue which closes the start relay and sends power to the starter on the light blue - engine starts.

2 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

GOT IT FIXED!!!  I plugged in the jumper still didn't work thought my jumper might be the problem so i cut another piece of wire without connections on the end and tried it and it worked. So then i think i had it fixed and went to put new ends on the jumper wire and reinstalled it and didn't work, to my surprise it was a bad connection inside the plug for the seat switch. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP 

• Excellent 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, huey said:

GOT IT FIXED!!!  I plugged in the jumper still didn't work thought my jumper might be the problem so i cut another piece of wire without connections on the end and tried it and it worked. So then i think i had it fixed and went to put new ends on the jumper wire and reinstalled it and didn't work, to my surprise it was a bad connection inside the plug for the seat switch. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP 

Hooray! Man this one was a long march indeed but you hung in.

Way to stick with it @953 nut and @gwest_ca!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, huey said:

it was a bad connection inside the plug for the seat switch.

Seems those little gremlins can get into the least conspicuous places. You deserve a lot of credit for hanging in there and not just taking the easy bypass it all routine.            :woohoo:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Fantastic

• Like 1