8ntruck

Questions for 520 HC Owners

8ntruck

One of the front wheels on my C-195 is rusted through.  I'm suspecting my plan 'A' of finding a replacement wheel from another C-195 is going to be a challenge.

For plan 'B', I'm curious if the front wheels used on the 520 HC might be useable, as I believe that the 520 HC version uses roller bearings in the front wheels.  The C-195 uses ball bearings in the front wheels. 

So, if somebody out there has a 520 HC front wheel  off their tractor with no tire on it, can you answer the following questions:

What is the width of the wheel?

What is the inside diameter where the wheel bearings mount?

How long is the hub end to end?

What are the distances from the end of the hub to the flange of the wheel on each side of the wheel?

Plan 'C' is to figure out how to make a patch and weld it in.  I've got a couple of ideas on how to do this, but man, it is a lot of work!

Thanks in advance.

Handy Don

Wishing you good luck on your hunt. Following 

Bill D

Pictures please. There are hub options out there that may allow you to use 4 lug wheels such as those found on golf carts.

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: Trailer hubs are plan 'D'.

Jayzauto

@8ntruck

If your Still looking for wheels, I saw an advertisment on the FB Marketplace, for someone parting out a C-195, around the Mid Atlantic states.  I'll see if I can find it.

GLuck, Jay

RED-Z06

One of the fronts on my 312 was rusted so i wire wheeled it to paint it.  Upon adding a new tire and air i found my wheel was swiss cheese and deflated in seconds.  Enter...a product called "flat out". I put some in a good year ago and haven't touched it since

8ntruck

I doubt that "flat out" will work on a rust hole that is 1/2" wide and a little over an inch long.

At the moment, I have a tube in that tire and it is holding.  I just can't bring myself to mount a new V61 5 rib tire on that crusty wheel.