Jimway

New member here

Jimway

Tractor is up and running strong after discovering the plugged up fuel tank shutoff valve. What a machine. I love this thing. Goes through tall grass like it is nothing. # on tag under seat says 00843. The 'Smart Steering' takes some getting used to. The cleaner that I get this thing, the better it looks. I think that I was incredibly lucky to come across this machine and marvel at what really nice condition it is in in spite of the years and neglect. The machine has an hour meter that is really fogged up by the ravages of the sun. Looks like it has 175 hours on it. I'll try to polish it up shortly, along with the dash lens. It appears that all of the dash lights and gauges function correctly, along with the headlights and tail lights. Indicator lights illuminate when the PTO is engaged and a red warning lamp flashes when the tractor is backed up when mowing. The thing even has cruise control (with indicator light) and a cup holder. I'd like to come up with a new seat and replace the rubber bellows below the steering wheel. I'll have to do some research on new decals and such but i'm eyeing a tear down and repaint on this one, I think it's a keeper. The sunlight has baked the hood pretty badly but I haven't found any rust through anywhere yet. Surprisingly, it doesn't leave any spots on the floor when parked overnight. In fact, between you and me, I don't think the machine quite knows how to react to being clean and inside at night. Hopefully some pampering wont upset it too much.

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine

Excellent job!!

New decals should be available through our own @Vinylguy Terry. 

4 hours ago, Jimway said:

it's a keeper

The more you use it the more you'll understand that most Wheelhorse tractors aren't just a mower/plow/etc... They're EQUIPMENT. 

A permanent purchase. 

These were built so incredibly rugged right out the factory door that most of them have real potential to be a lifetime machine. 

Many of us are still using 60+ year old machines as go-to workers.  

4 hours ago, Jimway said:

I don't think the machine quite knows how to react to being clean and inside at night. Hopefully some pampering wont upset it too much

Let it acclimate slowly and you should be ok. 

Likely you'll find the Horsie will learn to appreciate good treatment.  

• Like 4

Stormin

Bit late but welcome to Red Square. Some find and some recovery. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Oldskool

Glad to hear you have it up and functioning.  Like Eric said. Proper care and it will do you well for years to come.

Enjoy.

• Like 2