Sign in to follow this  
bowtieguy

Sparky's 4000 w Generator question

bowtieguy

Mike, where did you find this unit?..have been looking for one but didn't want to pay the asking price of 425...heck, I can buy a new unit with motor for 289 bucks but want to find a unit like yours first.

Got any suggestions?....I saw one at the PA show...the guy bought it from Harbour Freight and to verify that he had the WH revvvvved up to the correct rmps, he plugged and electric clock into the gen..when the second hand speed matched his time on his wrist watch he was ready to go to work....hows that for thinkin' outside the box?

modracer

that he had the WH revvvvved up to the correct rmps, he plugged and electric clock into the gen..when the second hand speed matched his time on his wrist watch he was ready to go to work....hows that for thinkin' outside the box?

hmm i wounder if that id acualy true or just a qucedent lol

pond195520032003

Mike, do you have the bracket system from the sears :thumbs: :thumbs:

nylyon

I split out the questions from the picture forum in an effort to keep it just pictures.

These questions were originally located here:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1093

WheelHorse_of_course

I have been thinking about buying one of these and mounting it in front of my Charger 12.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330209573201

Mounting should be very easy. :thumbs:

I like the fact these are designed to be operated 24/7 for years. It is about the same as the price of the Harbor Freight generator heads.

There is a guy not far from me that sells these on ebay so I could get one without freight wich would work out to under $350 with tax.

I would like to have one, but it is fairly far on my list given the cost.

One of those WH units would be much better if I could find one at a deal :thumbs:

Nick

If you find the Harbor freight unit on sale, and have one of the 10 or 15% coupons they send now and then, its $250 or less. That unit is 7,500watt with 10,000 watt max so you would need a 16hp or better tractor to get the full rated power. Not sure if I would trust it for long term home backup power but no more than they normally get used it might be fine. :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

T-Mo

I wouldn't mind having a generator like that - it would come in handy around here as we loose power a lot at home. Thanks to Ameren UE. :thumbs: Though it wouldn't be very efficient fuel wise and like Nick mention, I would need some hp to run what I need. In the long run, for my needs a probably need a stationary back up unit in place. But, still it would be cool to have one like these pictured. :thumbs:

Sparky

I snagged this one on e-bay a few years back for around $180. It was local so no shippin charges. Its made by Generac and I think it was a Sears attachment originally. It came with the WH mounting apparatus and works like a charm. I throttle my 312-8 up to 3/4 and it hits 120/240. I did not get the sears mounting stuff with it, just the WH stuff.

Mike......

whchris

modracer, getting the clock in time with a wrist watch would not be an effective way to check for the correct voltage seeing as like a computer a clock runs to a transformer then a voltage regulator to operate at a constant 5vdc other wise the clock in my house would be days faster than yours (good old connecticut light and power give me about 135v and wont adjust my transformer and man does is have a hell of a lock on it) it would get you in the ballpark of about 10+/-v of 120 which would be fine for most power tools and lights just no sensitive electronics (maybe that why my computer has all these problems?)