Sign in to follow this  
here 4 the horses

pulling tires??

here 4 the horses

ok so here my delima. im wanting to put my c-121 in the stock class but i dont have any ag tires for it but i have the 6-12's off my 607 has anyone pulled with these befor and how do they do mine are full of calcium..so i think they might do good???

Stress Test Pullin

i wouldnt touch those, i would find out the legal limit in tire size(per rules) and find some steel wheel and put a set of carlise super lugs on them, there ur best bet when it comes to pullin

here 4 the horses

i wouldnt touch those, i would find out the legal limit in tire size(per rules) and find some steel wheel and put a set of carlise super lugs on them, there ur best bet when it comes to pullin

yea thats what i was thinking i pull the 607 with them on there and it does good but there 2 completely different tractors..bigger tractor bigger tires!!

TT

You can't just automatically assume that you need "ag" tread tires on a pulling tractor. Different track types call for different tires and sometimes turf tires are more effective than tires with big lug tread. Tire age, ballast weight placement, ply rating, and pressure is very important. You also need to pay attention to how bad the track gets torn up by other tractors and what part of the track is giving the better hook.

Jeff: Bolt the 6.00-12's on the C-121 and see how it does. You might be surprised!

:thumbs2:

here 4 the horses

You can't just automatically assume that you need "ag" tread tires on a pulling tractor. Different track types call for different tires and sometimes turf tires are more effective than tires with big lug tread. Tire age, ballast weight placement, ply rating, and pressure is very important. You also need to pay attention to how bad the track gets torn up by other tractors and what part of the track is giving the better hook.

Jeff: Bolt the 6.00-12's on the C-121 and see how it does. You might be surprised!

:thumbs:

ok TT im gonna do that, im antious to see what it does ill hook it on my truck or something :thumbs2:

Stress Test Pullin

yes TT obviously there are diff kinds of tires and such u can u, it all depends on what you tractor is set up for! :thumbs2:

Mostly around here the track we pull on have alot of clay on them, so turfs are a complete waste of time and money in most situations around here

Cody

Im running Duro AG tires on one of our pulling tractors and carlisle super lugs on another and the Duro's hook up much better by far, the super lugs just dont seem to bite at all

Stress Test Pullin

wat size are them duro AG's ur running?

Cody

The Duro's are 23x10.50x12

KeithB

we run Carlsile Super Lugs in 26x12-12s

Stress Test Pullin

what are you pulling in cody? more of a clay or just dirt?

Cody

Sorry it took so long to reply, most tracks around here are clay, as a test we put the duro's on a completely bone stock 14hp pulling tractor and carlisle super lugs on another tractor with a built 16hp lakota racing engine, the stock tractor pulled the sled 16 feet further than the other, the tractors weighed the same and both test were done on the same track one right after another, the stock tractor ran till it was out of power and the tires never spun, i run between 3 and 4 psi in the duros when pulling.

Stress Test Pullin

hmm thats wierd, watever works for ya man :notworthy: i just havent had luck with anything other than the good old carlise's

Rideawaysenior

I pulled a 5,000 stone boat on a clay track using conventional stock turf tires. That tread pattern on clay was out performing ag tires.

TT

i just havent had luck with anything other than the good old carlise's

You're going to need to look for something different now though......

Super Lugs are now on Carlisle's "endangered species" list.

Stress Test Pullin

lol TT ive heard that they only discontinued the 23-10.5's right?

Deere Hunter

lol TT ive heard that they only discontinued the 23-10.5's right?

Nope, I have been told the whole Super Lug line is going by the wayside. That includes the 26x12-12. If you look at Carlisle's website LINK Looks to be Tru Power only in 23's and 26's. Speaking from experince, the Tru Powers suck for Garden Tractor Pulling