Sign in to follow this  
lil puller

a-100 trany 3rd gear only? problem

lil puller

okay my granpaa put alot of wait on my tracter/: AND HE BROKE IT... its stuck in 3rd now and wont come out? any ideas? and what do you think in making it into a puller? its set upp. look up my grandpa for the pictures his name on here is sugarmaker.

sawhorse

One time by accident I let a big log roll into the side of my a-100 tractor. The gears got

all messed up. An older gentlemen told me to give it a good whack from the other side with something. I couldn't believe it would work. But I did what he said and it was back working again. :thumbs2::thumbs: :ychain:

plowmaster

id try rocking the drive pulley back and forth while trying to disengage the lever. what tranny is in the a-100?

sawhorse

I am somewhat certain that my 1973 a-100 had the peerless four speed. three forward

gears and one reverse.

Sugarmaker

Not sure that the transmission failure was not well in process before I "BROKE IT":)

Anyway the Peerless transmission has had temporary repair of a broken key in the shaft that holds the three drive gears. So we are back in business. Still not sure if this little tractor will pull a lot, but Mike (lil-puller) has fun with it! That's what counts.

Regards,

Chris

sawhorse

Sugarmaker,

My 1973 A-100 could pull a trailer with 1000 pounds of wood on it. I couldn't control

that much weight on a hill with it but on flat ground it was fine. I had an old camper

that I converted into a firewood trailer. I bolted a hitch ball mount onto the frame above

the A-100's hitch point. This gave some extra traction yet came with the danger of

wheelies. My A-100 had three or four frame mounted stacked steel or cast weight which because I didn't know any better at the time I promptly took to the scrapyard. :thumbs2:

Sawhorse