Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

proud new papa

kj4kicks

Hi Everybody, Just joined the group, and it looks like a great bunch of people here.

I've had a 1077 for about 8 years now, and love it.

I'm sure some of you know about the C-160 with the front-end loader that was just on ebay. Well, it's mine now. I just couldn't resist !

I heard about the show near Gettyburg (like 2 days before it happened), but wasn't able to make it. Next year, I'll be there with the 1077 (all original), and the C-160.

Catch you all later,

Eldon.

nylyon

I'm green with envy, you got that C-160? very nice, of course we're going to need pictures and lots of them.. Congratulations, and welcome!

Sparky

Howdy Eldon. Welcome aboard. I would love to see some pics of both yer tractors especially the loader.

Mike.......with loader envy :D

nylyon

And what area of the country you from?

Sparky

Now Karl, I just know your hoping its New York. :D ..aint-cha??

Mike....

nylyon

Nope, cause that would make it even harder to get good NY Wheel Horses round these parts!

kj4kicks

Hi Mike & Karl, Thanks for the welcome!

The C-160 loader is ebay # 160138470874 just in case you missed it. There's 11 pictures there that you can super-size and save if you'd like.

I'll get pics of the 1077 posted soon. I also have a WH snowblower for the 1077, but it looks like I won't need that as much any more! The light snow will get the blower, the bigger ones will get the loader.

I'm in York, PA, less than an hour east of Gettysburg, so making that show should be no problem.

On another note, I had to rebuild the deck spindles on the 1077 this year. WH has discontinued the seals, but I found a source for them. If anybody needs some, let me know. Mine is a 42" deck, with cast iron housings.

Talk to you all again soon.

Eldon.

nylyon

That is an outstanding tractor. If you read through the posts, I had been looking for a C-160 for a little while. The 160 was my first tractor, dad bought one new in 1974, and I was fortunate enough to use one brand new. You'll enjoy your C-160 especially with the loader on it.

I hope to have the C-120 restored by next show and am planning to go already (couldn't make it this year). Hope you can make it, you have a terrific tractor FEL combo.

kj4kicks

Hi Karl, If you read the lengthy ebay description, the original hydrostat unit is now in the C-160 parts tractor. My plan is to get it running/working again, and swap it back into the loader, where it belongs. After that, I would consider selling the 2nd one as a running machine. I haven't laid eyeballs on it yet, but I think it could be saved. If time permits, I'll tear it down and restore it. Just what I need, another project !

If you're interested in it, let me know.

Later,

Eldon.

nylyon

Hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty to post the pictures of your 1077. For some reason, I really like the wood grain decals.

P1.JPG

P2.JPG

P3.JPG

P4.JPG

You've got 2 great horses there, and yes I am envious!

kj4kicks

Hi Karl, Thanks for posting the pics, and for the compliments. The hood decals are in the process of being reproduced, and mine were used for the templates.

5 more days until I pick up the loader !

Later,

Eldon.

perry

welcome aboard. that was one nice looking loader tractor off ebay. i really love your 1077. here is a pic of its baby brother. i cant imagine what the 10 or 1277's must be like. this little 877 is one hard working machine. i just love plowing snow with it. i get zipping around plowing and have actually pulled wheelie's with the snow plow on the front.

i would love to get a hold of some new wood grain decals. i want to restore this one in the future.

dec2006013.jpg

tractorsnow007.jpg

nylyon

I don't know much about those years, what is the difference between the 977, 1077 and 1277 the engine?

kj4kicks

From what I've read, the only difference is the engine size. One of the 7's means it's a Hydrostat, and the other means model year 1967. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here. The basic decal is the same, and you simply put whatever model # sticker on it. I know on mine, the small 1077 decal is seperate.

That is a cool snow machine. I have a blower on mine in the winter, but the packed snow along the road gets too heavy for it. I was looking for a dozer blade to put on mine. It got frustrating not finding a nice one that was complete with brackets. Then the loader came up, and I figured it must be destiny! Maybe I paid too much for it, I don't know. I do know that I'm happy, and that's all that matters. Only 3 more days until I pick it up! I can hardly wait.....

Hope you can make it to the PA show next year. I'll be there for sure, and it should be easy to find me.

Eldon.

kj4kicks

Just a quick update: I'm heading out to Ohio in the morning to pick up the FEL C-160. It's about a 9 hour trip, so it should be loaded in the trailer before dark tomorrow night! Yep, it gets to ride home in a covered wagon!

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve !!

Pics will be posted ASAP when I return, but that won't be until Sunday.

Talk to you all then....

Eldon.

nylyon

I'm excited for you as well. Have a safe trip, and strap it down really tight! We're going to want pictures of all 3 of the horses on Sunday!

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, Cut the trip a little short, and got home last night. The FEL and the parts tractor both made it home safe & sound ! The parts tractor has been scavenged pretty hard, so not exactly sure what we're gonna do with it yet. In any case, I want to get it running. Previous owner said there was no power to the coil, but I haven't even opened the hood yet.

Gave the new kid a bit of a workout already today, and it passed with flying colors.

That was this morning. Then this afternoon, it took about 6 hours to clear out enough space in the garage to fit it in. It's nearly 10' long. Whew !

Of course, it was in the mid-90's today, with high humidity. No fun at all.

I'll get 'em all rounded up in the next day or two, and get some pics.

Hope you're having a great weekend !

Eldon.

Rollerman

Eldon the road trip sound like it was a good time?

Cleaning the garage not so much.

FEL tractors are cool & high on my wish list...."low on my wife's though"

Look forward to seeing the pics.

Keep us informed about the other C160 & how you do bringing it back.

Stephen in northern IN...On the hunt for a D!

nylyon

Glad you got it home safe and sound. Ya know, if you used the FEL to clean the garage, it would have taken minutes! Too bad you're not closer, I have the perfect project to test out the FEL...

The good thing about the early model C-Series it the wiring is easy. I have an owners manual I can scan if you need the diagram. A worst case, you can run a jumper from the pos. side of the battery to the pos side of the coil. If it cranks, it should get spark unless like my C-120, the points are closed. In any event shouldn't take much to get it going, and if you need to just get rid of the old C-160, I know of a good home and it would even have a little brother C-120 :D

kj4kicks

Hi Karl & Stephen, You're right, using the loader would have cut down on the clean-up time !

Luckily, I got a copy of the complete owner's manuals for the tractors and FEL, so I should be ok with the diagrams. Thanks for the offer, though.

I have you (Karl) in mind to adopt the spare tractor, after I (hopefully) get the hydrostat working, and swapped back into the FEL where it belongs.

The road trip was fun, but miserably hot & humid. We covered about 1300 miles in 3 days. Part of it was the 127 yard sale ( www.127sale.com ), where there was some cool "stuff", but I didn't see a single WH tractor. Lots of off-brand junkers, though. Got a few "thumbs-up" from people who appreciated seeing a 71 Ford truck cruising their sale from 3 states away. A few of them were curious when they saw that wild looking tractor in the enclosed trailer while we were loading newfound treasures.

On another subject, someone on the yahoo board mentioned a show in Chambersburg PA this coming weekend. Anybody know any details?

Thanks, and talk to you all soon.

Eldon.

nylyon

I didn't want Eldon's pitures of the FEL to get lost, this is too nice a machine for that....

1601.jpg

1602.jpg

1603.jpg

1604.jpg

1605.jpg

1606.jpg

1607.jpg

1608.jpg

1609.jpg

16010.jpg

kj4kicks

Hi Karl, Thanks for saving and posting those pics. I had it out again today, and it works like a champ!

Eldon.

Rollerman

Hey Eldon that is a sweet looking C series there....& the one with the loader is okay too...LOL :P

Serious though, That is one fine machine!

I notice it has a cover over the tractor hyd. controlls?...never seen one of those...slick.

Also likeing the heavy duty front end.

Very cool.

Stephen in northern IN.....wanting a loader :D

kj4kicks

Hi Stephen, Thanks for the comps ! You have a keen eye. Yes, there is a plastic cover over the hyd controls. It looks like it's original. Bad news is, that it's cracked. I see how that would easily happen, especially with the loader. I've hit it with my foot a few times, since it's really narrow there with the FEL frame right beside the foot rest. I may see if they're still available.

OK, after moving piles of stones around today, I have to ask..... Is there ANY way to put power steering on this thing?? Or at least a higher ratio setup? I'm gonna have some serious upper-body strength if I use this regularly ! I can see why the tie rods have some play in them.

With a load in the bucket it steers like, well, a tractor without power steering, and a 300 pound weight hanging 3 feet in front of it!

Til next time.....

Over and out...

Eldon.

Rollerman

Eldon you could use a gear reduction steering from the 92 up 520's....that would held a bit.

Still thats not power steering.

I have seen a couple pics of a horse that had a power steering setup installed by a dealer.

I'm guessing they used an "orbital valve" like on a forklift & powered the setup off the hydro pump...it was an auto tractor.

Then had a cylinder that bolted on one side to frame & ran across to the far steering arm....with a 1 peice tie rod connecting both steering arms then.

Make sence.... :D

I'll try & dig for some pics & post them.

One thing to consider if you were to add PS...what would become the next weak link?

Stephen in northern IN