Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

520-H done and for sale

whfan74

Well it was our first attempt at changing the looks of the tractor around and making her somewhat pretty again. I don't have all of the progression pictures on this computer so I apologize for that. Oh yeah....it is in the for sale section if you are interested.

520-004.jpg

520-003.jpg

520-002.jpg

520-007.jpg

520-006.jpg

Dad did most of the work but we both shared the frustrations, conversations, and fun together. Of course it isn't a complete restoration but as far as it is going to go with us. I am hoping someone else will take her home and take care of her. She is a great, strong runner. Thanks for allowing me to share!

P.S. going to put an order in to Eldon to get some new fancy foot rest pads. :thumbs2:

bitten

Looks good. Bet it is a good worker.

P.J.

whfan74

Thanks.........we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time on her. I am hoping someone else finishes her off. Happy with what we were able to do being 4 hours apart but I know that it isn't a restoration by any means.

Here is the progression.....

This is when I brought her home. She had been neglected.

520Front.jpg

520Hood.jpg

520Hitch.jpg

Moved on to disassembling the tractor.....

ScottstractorAugust2008-0001.jpg

ScottstractorAugust2008-0002.jpg

ScottstractorAugust2008-0021.jpg

Going back together......

ScottstractorAugust2008-0019.jpg

shed.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

All done.....not perfect....but done.....

520-004.jpg

520-009.jpg

Like I said it isn't as good as it could be but it is much better than she was. Would love to keep it but need to move it on to someone else who will have fun with it. Next project is awaiting to take it's place. Sorry so pic heavy!!!!!!!!!!!

zieg72

Is the seat as comfortable as it looks?

whfan74

Actually the seat worked out real nice and is comfortable. I wanted to put a brand new seat on the tractor but since I knew I was selling the tractor I didn't want to break the bank on the one I purchased. Seat was purchased from TSC.

Duff

Actually the seat worked out real nice and is comfortable. I wanted to put a brand new seat on the tractor but since I knew I was selling the tractor I didn't want to break the bank on the one I purchased. Seat was purchased from TSC.

Scott, do you remember the TSC stock number on the seat, and what was the cost? Any mods required to make it fit?

Thanks much!

Duff :thumbs2:

whfan74

Duff,

Can't recall the stock number but I remember the final total with tax coming out to $85.

I didn't have to do any modifications at all. The nice thing about the seat is that the frame underneath has a large area to be bolted to the seat springs as well as it can expand or contract to about whatever distance that you need from side to side. Of course not an original seat but a good fix for me.

chamjack

Looking good :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Looks good Scotty! :thumbs2:

Gene_S

Hi Scott,

That is a very nice job! :thumbs2: I will be near Warsaw in Winona Lake and will have six of my horse's with me on Saturday. If your not busy give me a call and maybe we can meet there and chit chat.

Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

Thanks,

Gene :ychain:

Raider12

Can't recall the stock number but I remember the final total with tax coming out to $85.

Very Nice Job! :thumbs2:

I looked up this seat number, I too love the looks of the seat. The no of the seat at TSC is 2702195. The price is $69.99 plus tax

Thats a nice looking tractor. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Denver

NE Ohio