Sign in to follow this  
N.C. horserider

C165 Finally done

N.C. horserider

I finally finished up the C165 after three weeks. Thanks to Terry for the decals they are perfect. I used the glass cleaner method to apply and they went on with no problem. I had to make the belt guards from some galvanized sheet metal I had laying around since this never came with any. I cut the holes out for the spindles but that just makes it easier to lube the spindles instead of taking the guards off. Had to fix a couple wires that were broke, new belts, adjust the carb, change oil and all that tuneup stuff. So it looks like I can put it back to work on the lawn. Hate to use it now that it looks so good.

whpaint001.jpg

whpaint002.jpg

whpaint003.jpg

whpaint004.jpg

whpaint005.jpg

whpaint006.jpg

whpaint007.jpg

Sparky

Absolutely gorgeous :thumbs2: !!!!!!!!

Mike...........

d180man

Hi looks great nice job! :thumbs2: :thumbs:

Irv

Turned out great. I know what you mean, you hate to use 'em and get 'em dirty after they look so good.

Kelly

very sharp, my kid is jelous his is still in pieces

Butch

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaweet!!! :thumbs2::thumbs:

Butch

S. Jersey

Suburban 550

Looks really good, Mike. :thumbs: Sharp lookin' tractor. :thumbs2:

Duff

Fine bit of workmanship, sir! :thumbs2:

Duff :thumbs:

Wheel Horse Fan

Like the rest said it looks real good.

What seat is that? That would look nice on my 416. :thumbs2:

N.C. horserider

Thanks for all the compliments guys, the time and effort shows anybody can do it if they give it the effort and time.

Wheelhorsefan :

My Dad found that seat at a cheapy store that sells about everything. Best part was it didn't cost a dime because he knew the guy that worked there and he gave it to him. I don't know what it came off of but being next to the ocean it may have come from a boat. Had to redrill holes and mounts for it to fit. Where in NJ are you ? I'm originally from Hamilton Twsp (Trenton) moved here to North Carolina in 1994.

chamjack

Great job :thumbs: I am redoing the same tractor and am debating on putting the black back on the hood or leaving it all red. I keep going back and forth. I like the all red shiny look! I kept looking at Bo Dawg's avatar wondering what to do, now I have yours to stare at too :thumbs2: . You did a nice job with the fab work on the belt covers.

bustedglass

:thumbs2: WOW :thumbs: . A job well done. Looks great ...

WHC-125

Looks great!!! :thumbs2::thumbs:

I hope my C-125 comes out that nice when I restore it to look nice when I plow driveways this winter.

Wheel Horse Fan

Thanks for all the compliments guys, the time and effort shows anybody can do it if they give it the effort and time.

Wheelhorsefan :

My Dad found that seat at a cheapy store that sells about everything. Best part was it didn't cost a dime because he knew the guy that worked there and he gave it to him. I don't know what it came off of but being next to the ocean it may have come from a boat. Had to redrill holes and mounts for it to fit. Where in NJ are you ? I'm originally from Hamilton Twsp (Trenton) moved here to North Carolina in 1994.

Well I may have to shop at some boat stores now. Thanks for the info.

I actually live in Millstone Twp. just a few miles from Hamilton. I actually go to Hamilton to do most of my shopping. They have a huge shopping center there now on 130 just off 195.

bitten

Man that thing is so sharp I gotta wear :thumbs2:

rustyoldjunk

great job,it looks brand new.

bo dawg

Beautiful just beautiful, I like it :thumbs2: .

The only thing I wonder is how much less blinding of the eyes when the sun shines as it lowers towards the day on the bright shiney red hood if better off painting the top a dull black :thumbs: but I bet it helps. Which is why WH probably colored it black in the first place. Ah thats why there's cheap sunglasses keep it red :ychain:

Bill

:thumbs2: great Job!!!!

whfan74

Sharp looking tractor! :thumbs2:

That thing sure does shine nice! :thumbs: