Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

953 Kohler K-241S Rebuild

CHARGER9AUTO

The price to get my 953's Crankshaft ground would cost $45 I hate to find out that it is worn out then have to buy a new one . I am worried about my tractor not being ready for the show I should sell it next :thumbs: I like to show off to all my friends in June but it's going to happen . Ben

kpinnc

Ben,

I think they are the same part on k241-k341 (10-16 hp) engines. Brian Miller sells them on his website for $20 each, and says they are all in good condition. Most pullers use "high end" cams, so he apparently keeps the ones he pulls from stock engines.

Scroll down on the page until you find the above mentioned cams. Here is the link:

http://www.members.aol.com/pullingtractor/a1engine.htm

Kevin

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben,

I think they are the same part on k241-k341 (10-16 hp) engines. Brian Miller sells them on his website for $20 each, and says they are all in good condition. Most pullers use "high end" cams, so he apparently keeps the ones he pulls from stock engines.

Scroll down on the page until you find the above mentioned cams. Here is the link:

http://www.members.aol.com/pullingtractor/a1engine.htm

Kevin

Kevin, I hate to say this but my 953 means so much to me because they very tractor to find I meant before if the Crank was worn and not worth turning I would need a new one to install one more turn in the lathe or how ever they do it and that's it . Thanks for the link :thumbs: Ben

kpinnc

Just a few minutes ago, I was reading another post where cams had come into the discussion. Guess I had cam on the brain when I read your post. I apologize for the poor reading skills on my part Ben. I wasn't paying attention. :thumbs:

I completely understand your being attached to your tractor. It is a nice machine indeed!

And Brian sells cranks for K241 engines at $75 each- just FYI.

Kevin

CHARGER9AUTO

Just a few minutes ago, I was reading another post where cams had come into the discussion. Guess I had cam on the brain when I read your post. I apologize for the poor reading skills on my part Ben. I wasn't paying attention. :thumbs:

I completely understand your being attached to your tractor. It is a nice machine indeed!

And Brian sells cranks for K241 engines at $75 each- just FYI.

Kevin

Kevin, It's no problem I see he listed the Crankshaft for $75. I will let you know how it all works out with one I have to be reground . Ben

kpinnc

Good Luck Ben. I hope the engine work goes well.

Kevin

CHARGER9AUTO

Good Luck Ben. I hope the engine work goes well.

Kevin

Yeah Thanks . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben,

Maybe you could buy this engine and get the Redsquare "pony express" in action.

You wouldn't have to change much, and it sounds like a good runner! :thumbs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140204984256

Terry, I will stick with the Kohler K-241S stock 10 HP motor and see if works with the Crank turned down I'd checked it the link to EBAY. I like to keep everything original . Ben

TT

Terry, I will stick with the Kohler K-241S stock 10 HP motor and see if works with the Crank turned down I'd checked it the link to EBAY. I like to keep everything original . Ben

OK, Ben -- it's up to you. :thumbs:

CHARGER9AUTO

OK, Ben -- it's up to you. :thumbs:

refracman

Ben, even if your crank is more than 10 under it can be "spray welded" and turned back to original specs. theres a shop in LIma Oh. that does them for $ 60 apeice. I'm sure theres a engine shop around you that can hook you up

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben, even if your crank is more than 10 under it can be "spray welded" and turned back to original specs. theres a shop in LIma Oh. that does them for $ 60 apeice. I'm sure theres a engine shop around you that can hook you up

Kevin, Yeah . Ben

oldandred

The 953 comes with a 9.5 kohler in other words a 9 1/2 hp engine

now if you want a good running engine I have one sale runs good no snoke no noise

Curmudgeon

The cranks can actually be ground to .030" under. You just need to put a bearing insert in the rod, which is probably cheaper than the undersize rod to begin with!

Refer to Brian Millers site...