Sign in to follow this  
LumpyB

gt2500

LumpyB

I am looking in to getting a 1981 wheel horse gt 2500 anneversary special. It has a briggs engine onit i don't know the hp. I needs repainted and the gas tank is not the right one. Also the deck needs some welding and patching. The owner said the engine and tranny are fine. I have not went to look at it yet but he has sent some pictures. What do you guys think it is worth?

Jim_M

That's a tough question to answer without seeing it or at least pictures of it.

At this point I would have to say it's worth whatever you feel comfortable paying for it.

Sparky

It should have a Briggs 11hp if the engine is original. As far as value...well the Briggs powered tractors dont hold their value as well as the same tractor with an original Kohler.

Just a rough guess without pics I would say $200, max.

Mike.......

LumpyB

Thanks guys put it over anyway. This guy thinks its worth a million because it is a annverary special. He finaly got some good pictures to me last night and then he emailed me what he wanted. The paint is bad it is flacking off in big peices the tires are bald and so on. He told me he needed $900.00 out of it. I would of thought about it for 200 or 300 hundred not 900. He will just have to keep it.