Sign in to follow this  
eibbed

Wheel Weight Identification

eibbed

Gentlemen,

I thought I could use these weights on my 702, but I can't figure out how to make them work on it. Therefore am going to sell them, but would like your help in determining what they are for before I list them.

They are made of iron, 3 1/4" tall and 9" wide. Opening in center is 2" wide and 2 1/2 " deep. There are three 3 3/8" diameter holes 4 3/4" center to center and two 1/2" holes 4 3/8" center to center. They weigh 20# each.

Thanks,

Dave

DSC05395.jpg

Prater

I cant tell by the pic, but if they fit front wheels of a 416 I would be interested in them.

kpinnc

They look just like the Sears/MTD cast front weights. They will fit any 8 inch front wheels that are the wider (16x6.50-8, etc...) ones. They will not fit the older narrow wheels.

Kevin

wheel horse 1045

yes they are the mtd, i have a set also.

69DEZ

I have a set that I a adapted to my V-10. I think they came off a White tractor.

eibbed

Thank all of you for your help!

Steven, it doesn't sound like they will fit the front rims of your 416-8, so I plan on posting them for sale on Ebay this Friday unless a member here is interested in purchasing them. I would like to get $10.00 each plus shipping.

You can PM me if interested.

Dave

Prater

Dave,

They will fit. I sent you a PM

eibbed

SOLD! :thumbs2:

Prater

Thanks,

They fit perfect.

W9JAB

:thumbs2: Speaking of wheel weights is their such a thing as a universal set that are water filled, I would think that it would be easy to manufacture and e-z to ship rather than sending 100# THRU ups. if NOTHING LIKE THIS IS MADE MAYE I HAVE A BUINESS OPERTUNTY. :thumbs:

TT

There aren't any designed to be liquid filled, but there are hollow plastic weights designed to be filled with sand, cement, lead shot, etc. that have been around for years.

TRACWEIGHT LINK

CasualObserver

Besides that.... simple, straight water only weighs 8 lbs. per gallon.... so even a 5 gallon bucket is going to only be 40 lbs. Water doesn't give the same "bang for your buck" so to speak as other fluids, like calcium chloride, RV antifreeze or Rim Guard (beet juice).

W9JAB

Terry, thankx for the link, just what I was looking for!