Sign in to follow this  
gattonde

77 C160 Transmission Leak

gattonde

I was working the 77 8 speed C160 hard this weekend digging out a tree with the FEL. When I was in my shop tonight I noticed an oil leak located just below the power pully for the transmission. It was dark and I could not get a good look at it to be sure that is were the leak was. I clean up the oil and put a towl below the pully, will look at it again tomorrow.

Has anyone at this oil seal leak before. Is it difficult to replace. I know I seen a repair manual on line before, but of course I can't locate it now when I need it.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Gattonde, South Jersey

MaineDad

Do you think you could have hit the tranny while you were working it? If you can, take a picture and post it here.

oldandred

its just like most of the seals take the pully off and use a fine pick to remove the seal and use a socket to install it or a seal installer there not bad to change

gattonde

I got a chance to get a better look at it tonight and it looks like the rear right wheel axle shaft seal pop'd out. This was the original seal, I had the tractor torn down three years ago for a repaint and this seal was not pop'd out.

Wonder what could of caused this to happen <_<

Hope to lift up the rear and see if there is any play in the bearings.

If it feel's good I will install new seal's and wait it out.

Gattonde, South Jersey