pond195520032003

1956 RJ-35

pond195520032003

this was my 1956 rj35 pond! due to money problems i just sold it :P all original except a couple pieces of aluminum bracing(hood stand frame is cracked) and someone added it insted of welding it :(

stevebo

Figured I would add a pic of this tractor (in prior post) as I found it in the attic of an old wheel horse dealership where is sat along with 4 other RJ's for about 25 years...

• Like 3

stevebo

This is my 1956RJ #2. It is 100% original except for the rims/tires as they were rotted beyond repair. History on this one is as follows:

I purchased it from a guy in upstate NY who did a barn clear out for an 84 year old women. The woman said she and her late husband purchased this tractor for they're daughter when she was a kid (daughter is now in her 60's). The daughter drove it around the yard for a few years and then it was parked in the barn. I figure it sat for close to 50 years! After rebuilding the carb, installing new coil/points/plug and plug wire it fired up and runs very nice. I need to thank Charlie Pitcher for helping with the hard to find parts that I needed.

It came with the very rare clinton electric starter option made for pond/clinton motors by Chief Industies in Michigan. It is missing the actual starter and chain but the housing and optional pull start/electric starter recoil is there. If anyone has a starter motor for this machine please contact me @ 203 448-9310. Enjoy pics...

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Here is my early 56 rj35 with the stamped steel frame. The tractor now has a schnacke recoil and the correct air filter. It also has a nicer set of firestone turf tires. I have also located one of the correct front wheels but I kind of like the two piece rims. :) It also does not have the brake pedal in the picture but I have one on it now. I plan on restoring this tractor in the future.

• Like 1

Hammerhead

Some body restored this several years ago and painted over the black rims! I can see the original black paint underneath the white. This has the original Clinton motor. I also have the original mower deck that is in good restored condition! I am busy putting it back to original condition, best as possible.

• Like 1