Sign in to follow this  
rallysman

C-120 is finally alive!

rallysman

I finally got George (named after my grandfather who owned this) running.

I had to re-wire the entire thing, which would have been very difficult without the helpful and knowledgeable people here. I also put new tires on it, rebuild the carb, replaced the fuel pump, and of course changed the fluids. This thing runs like a sewing machine. Once I got it fired up and started driving it around the yard the neighbor came over and told me he thought I got a new tractor because of the sound.

I'm more than happy that it's running, and it just happens that it runs better than most new mowers even though it's over 30 years old.

When I changed the tires I painted the wheels with Duplicolor T205 Whimbleton White, but other than that I just rinsed it off a little. The picture quality doesn't do much justice since it was fairly dark when I took it.

Again, thanks for all of your help. I'm stoked that this thing is alive and well:)

http://uglygreencouch.net/pics/main.php?g2...&g2_itemId=2785

I can't get the image tags to work, so that's a link to the picture.

TJ

Sounds like you have her ready for another thirty years. Looks good. :thumbs2:

Suburban 550

Looks good. :thumbs: Doesn't take much to bring a old horse back to life. You'll be in good shape for a long time. :thumbs2:

Section8

Great looking horse there. All your work really paid off.

I wish there were more WH's down here in South Carolina so I could find some like yours for restoration and such. Well, on the one hand I wish there were more around here; on the other hand (the one with the money in it), maybe it's best that there aren't, he-he.

rallysman

Thanks guys:)

Section8, I know what you mean...it's tough to not buy more. It's a bit of an addiction haha.