Sign in to follow this  
69DEZ

JOHNNY BUCKET

69DEZ

I started this project last week. Don't know when I'll get it done but I thought I'd share. Got this idea from MTF.

TRACTOR051.jpg

CopyofTRACTOR052.jpg

TT

I don't want this to stray :P , but......

:( Is it me, or does "Johnny Bucket" remind you of the "tool" used to clean the outhouse before vacuum tank machines were invented? :D

It's funny too.... everytime I hear the term "mule drive", I think of a bunch of guys riding horses, moving a large herd of mules from one pasture to another. :(

The correct name for that device on the front of the tractor is a deck drive belt tensioner -- a "mule drive" is more like a jack shaft or relay pulley arrangement.

OK -- I'm done. :(

combatmp29r

Confusios say man who spill Johnny bucket smell like POO!! :P

I agree Terry about the Johnny bucket name. I don't think they were Johnny buckets, but something close. Have to call the old man and ask. That ought to get him wondering :D

69DEZ

:D I agree, but my first name is John :P

Buzz

I agree Terry about the Johnny bucket name. I don't think they were Johnny buckets, but something close.

I think they were called "honey buckets" and the...uh...sanitation engineers who used them were called "honey dippers". That was also the name of an obscure band in the 60's that toured with the USO in Nam.

TT

So this could actually be a Johnny Bucket then too? :

bucket.jpg

Joel, did you see this coming? :D

WheelHorse_of_course

So, to get back on topic.... :P

Will this pivot at the top (like the superior scoop)?

http://www.superior-tech.com/

Or will you remove the trip springs and add a cylinder there?

I have been scheming to make a bottom and side and rig up something like a superior scoop. I have even considered making it out of 3/4" plywood! :D

69DEZ

I plan on having it pivot on the top like the superior scoop but have a manual release. Weld an arm on the side Then run a cable or rod back to the cock pit. Check this site out. This guy made his out of wood.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=43311

Nick

Looks like a good start to your project. It should come in real handy and it is a lot cheaper then buying one of the Johhny buckets.

:D:(

Have you also noticed that after the Johnny bucket came out it kind of became the generic name used for any bucket system? Maybe the name was around before they built them but I always saw them called a Slip scoop or the old front loaders had trip buckets. On my FEL video someone even tried to call it a Johnny bucket.. :P

Stigian

I like your thinking there 69Dez, what ever its called :D

To me its a shovel/scoop/bucket thingy :P

T-Mo

I agree with Ian, whatever it's called, this is going to be a good project. I would like to have something like this on one of my Wheel Horses. I'm always impressed with some of our members know-how and skills, like Ian's snow plow, Nick's FEL, Diesel Mike's diesel repower, and Eldon's skills, and.....

Nice project. :D