Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

10hp Kohler to replace a 14hp

Rollerman

Terry TT's right...if you pull the rubber mounted plate off it will work.

They can be a chore to get the mounting blocks off the frame sometimes though....BFH works good though.

All the K series big block engines used fuel pumps no matter the location of the tank.

$350 would probably not be to far out of line if it runs really good...but that me be around here with all are GT pullers?

It seems like the K341's bring in more coin.

Have you checked over your K321 yet for spark,compression...new holes in the block?

Sparky

I dont think $350 is way off if its as good a motor as the seller says. Not to mention all the other parts you'll get out of it as well.

Mike.........

nylyon

Parting a C-160...... You guys are killing me..... :thumbs:

T-Mo

I might go look at it tomorrow (Saturday). I initially see it as a donor tractor and maybe a parts tractor as I'm sure I can use some parts off of it. But, knowing me, I'll see it and start to think that this one can be saved and put to good use.

I'm still leaning towards rebuilding what I got. So, I will do some more checking on it's condition. I've been too busy to really give this engine a thorough check up. I'll follow Stephen's advice and further check it out to be sure - one, what is wrong with it and two, is it rebuildable.

Curmudgeon

Some very good info in this thread!

Dale the mods you listed sound pretty exotic for a C141 used around the home?

How would a faster RPM effect a hydro?

I'm assumeing there is a max RPM on a hydro pump? :thumbs:

TT I'm going to print that link out...thats some very useful info.

Don't know what to tell you Stephen, those little tidbits are basically what I did with the K-321 I rebuilt for C-Horse last winter. Other than the cam, there is little of it that costs more than a standard rebuild. Since many of the parts are basically the same I'm not worried about reliability.

Rollerman

Dale that was more of me just ribbing you...In previous discussions with you I know you have some "hot" Kohlers in some of your workers. :thumbs: