Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Rebuilding 2 at once

Kelly

I'm going to rebuild 2 tractors for my kids to ride at the MI. WH show in aug.

The first is a B-100 auto, for my son Ryan 8 and daughter Hunter 12 I picked the B as it is in pretty good shape and will be easier for them to drive being a hydro.

I had about 10 tractors lined up to pick from and after looking them all over this is the one, it needs a hood and engine it has a broken rod, but I have a nice 8hp kohler to put on it, I know the 8hp is kinda small for a hydro but it will never mow just putt around and pull a trailer around the yard to pick up stuff, after a tear down and power wash, it looks nice, should go pretty good, I'm not tearing it much farther down, like I said just a rebuild not a restore, new paint and only things it needs new decals, and the little stuff, I'm going to spray it with valspar from TSC I've used it before takes a while to dry but looks pretty good and is cheap, I'm hoping to have the running gear painted next weekend.

100_2116.jpg

100_2114.jpg

100_2119.jpg

The next tractor is for my oldest boy Nick he picked the C-85 he liked the black hood, I offered others in better shape but he wanted this rusty one, the only black hood I have, wish I could find another in better shape cheap to start with and use this one for parts, but we will use what we have, we will be putting a 12hp kohler out of a 312 in it and he wants older style C fenders not the 300 fenders on it, it will be alittle more work as it's on the rusty side, but he will be doing most of the work with Dad guiding the way, this one will be mildly modified to suit him.

100_2118.jpg

100_2117.jpg

100_2122.jpg

bell

Looks like GOOD times!!! :omg:

Sparky

I like the way Nick thinks Kelly, Black Hoods are my favorite style as well.

Mike.......

norman

Thats the spirit guys......

My little man is 18 months and he is already getting into it......

twackta is what he says...... and he calls them we hoses....

Gotta start them young

Kelly

Got a little more done this week, preped and painted the frame and trans, also installed my axle seals, painted some of the sheet metal, after getting it back from the blaster, I sold a buddy a tractor(case) and part payment was to blast a few tractors :thumbs2: saves me from doing it, wheels are done, and no pictures but it's back on all fours, should go pretty good now

100_2151.jpg

100_2153.jpg

100_2152.jpg

TJ

Looks like things are moving along nicely. :thumbs2:

perry

ya, you look busy :thumbs: . no wonder i have'nt herd from ya. looks great :thumbs2: