Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

Plow for D series

catman81056

Can anyone give me the measurment from the pivot pin to the mounting bar for a D series plow? I plan on making the Quikatach mount also, If someone has a pic of the D ser mount I sure would like to see it.

I'll try to take pics.

I'm still working on the tiller. Just got to finish the engagement lever. Will post when done.

Jim_M

I can get you some pictures and measurements this weekend if nobody else can get to it before then. My D series blade is stored about 20 miles from here and it's dark by the time I get out there after work.

glenn27

Tim-you could measure the blade that you have of mine--to see how close you are--that is the large frame 54" for the Gt, and may fit the D-series..

:D

Just a thought...

kj4kicks

I have an NOS snow plow frame out in the garage that came with some parts I bought a few weeks ago. I think it's for a D.

I'll get some pics tonight.

Eldon.

Rollerman

I've never personally measured a D snow plow frame....but I don't think the length is to far off the standard long frame stuff.

What is differant is the lever for angling the plow sticks way out to the side to clear the wider tractor.

catman81056

Thanks for the help guys. If I can get that measurment along with eye balling Glenns plow I'm sure I can git-er done :D

Rollerman

Tim, Glen the GT14 snowplow would be the same as #2 in this thread.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=541

The D series would also use the older style rear axle bracket that mounts the snow plow just ahead of the axles & not below like the current type.

I don't think a D series plow is any differant in length than the early long frame plow.

It just has an added brace on the side to set the angle lever about a foot off the side of the plow frame.

Tim I'm guessing once you start laying things out it will go together pretty simple for you. :D

Stigian

Ive inspired someone :(:D:P:(

Seriously, thats a hell of complement :( Thank you Tim, its made me go all proud and brought a smile to my face just when i was getting knarked off with a piece of steel not wanting to weld :o

Sparky

Heres a couple shots of the rear axle attachment bracket. I also have a genuine "D" series blade with dual trip springs and the offset angle lever. I can get pics of it maybe tomorrow, as long as I get home before dark from work.

Mike....

Dattachmentbracket001.jpg

Dattachmentbracket002.jpg

Dattachmentbracket003.jpg

catman81056

Hey thanks Mike. I don't think it would be to hard to make that mount. Now does that bolt to the 2 uprights that hold the lower 3PH arms?

Sparky

Sure does. It ends up in front of the rear axle. Tried to get some shots but its kinda crowded under the tractor.

Mike.......

From the front lookin back...

Dattachmentbracket004.jpg

From the back lookin forward

Dattachmentbracket006.jpg

catman81056

Thanks Mike, thats where I thought it bolted on but wasn't sure.

I think I'm goint to make the mount first. I'll fire up the digital.

Greg B.

Not to intentionally pirate a thread, but :D , would that 15" width be the same for a C series?

Greg B.

T-Mo

Greg,

If you go here Stephen explains not only the snow plows but the rear axle attachment in his first post in the linked thread. I think the second bracket is the one you would need for a C-series as the it attaches to the snow plow hitch pin on the inside. That's how it attaches on my C141.

Greg B.

Thanks, Terry. There is so much good information here that I had forgotten about it. :D

Greg B.

kj4kicks

Sorry for the delay. Here is the frame that I was talking about. I assumed that it was for a "D", but we all know what assumptions are good for....

I'm sure somebody will let me know what this actually is:

P2175353.JPG

P2175354.JPG

P2175355.JPG

It is supposed to be NOS, and I believe that it is. It was stored outside for awhile though, so there is a small amount of rust here and there. The front pivot only has 3 holes for angle adjustment.

Thanks,

Eldon.

TT

That's for a 70's vertical shaft lawn tractor -- might be 6-7122 / 6-7123 ?

Joel will know. :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Thanks TT. So I guess it will fit that ebay Vert Shaft tractor that I bought. It's still in the trailer :thumbs:

TT

Probably....... It might not be a direct fit -- but you certainly have the ability to get it mounted on the tractor. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Close Terry. Eldon its a 1969 6-7111 frame. The give away is the 2 little vertical mounts up by the pivot point. They mount the indexing lever. Now its been modified as the rear cross shaft for the pivot handle shouldn't be there. Heres a pic of the manual it shows what your frame looked like stock. It was the only frame that had those little mounts. If you ask me it is a rare blade even in the vertical world. I've owned 15+ verts and never seen one and Terry from indy has owned way more and had never seen the manual let alone a blade until I took it over there one day. I'd say someone got tired of having to get out of the seat to adjust and converted it to a pivot handle like the 6-7121 from 70 and the later ones Terry listed. :thumbs:

tractor125.jpg

Sorry about the book guys. Eldon I have the manual for both plows the one it was and the one its been converted to if you want them. Oh and it is a dirrect fit :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Thanks for the help guys ! The welds and the paint look original. Hmmmm.....

It's nothing that I'm interested in keeping, so it will be "For Sale".

Joel, if you're thinking about buying it, please email me. Otherwise, if you could email me the manuals, that would be great !

If nobody here wants it, it'll go to ebay.

Sorry about hijacking the thread Tim :thumbs: