Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Getting Ready For The Show!

HorseFixer

Well I have more to get ready than a tractor for the show I have the trailer to get organized and ready. It never hurts to have a little spare parts Inventory if you have to make a fast repair, Ya cant have everything but some basic essentials might help save someones day!

Never hurts to have some spare parts and hardware.

2009WHSHOW014.jpg

2009WHSHOW015.jpg

I had to work on the Onan Generator this week it was running a little rough, tha carb needed a little adjustment. What helped was running the main fuel tank close to empty a couple weeks ago and filling with fresh fuel.

2009WHSHOW016.jpg

2009WHSHOW018.jpg

One of the things I wanted to do was get a decent CD player installed one that plays MP3's So I can have a just a few CD's with Tons of music on them its about a 10 hour trip from S/W michigan to Arentsville PA and a man hasta have his JAMS. The stereo install was a breeze because it has a Sony installed that was a cassette so all I had to do was remove unsnap the dash panel remove 4 screws and change the stero out and plug the new one in so that was easy. :drool: I then installed my GPS and gave it a trial run. Here is a picture of the two installed. I recorded a couple CD's last night of MP3's here ya see a little Dire Straights ~ Sultans Of Swing.

2009WHSHOW013.jpg

2009WHSHOW010.jpg

I Installed a new 4" drop down Trailer Hitch and 2" ball The trailer empty almost sits level I think loaded it will be okay.

2009WHSHOW001.jpg

2009WHSHOW002.jpg

The last thing that I will need to do is to install this Tekonsha electric trailer brake controller. These things are great if you ever had one you wouldnt go to anything else. I just have been putting this off cause I dont feel like rolling around on the ground for a day! :omg:

2009WHSHOW006.jpg

TJ

All you need now is a popcorn machine, and a PEZ dispenser, and your good to go. :omg:

bustedglass

Lookin good Duke. Looks like you are prepared for anything :drool: .

Make sure you and MJ take a LOT of pictures at the show, so that those of us that can't go to the show will be able to "LIVE" the experiance thru your posts.

Wishing you and all of those going to the show, a safe and happy trip :omg: .

oldandred

Weres the soda machine and ice machine

what electric brakes who needs them i got but dont use them just let it roll

C-Series14

What show.... :omg:

Suburban 550

Looks like you have everything I need so I can travel light. :omg: I just hope I remember to pack your tractor. :drool:

Sparky

Nice Duke. I guess I can cross off hardware from my list :omg: .

Mike........

HorseFixer

Common Guys! Remember this is the stabbin cabin! All those things you mentioned are in the back :omg: Along with the cappuccino machine. :drool:

MaineDad

We know where to go for parts now don't we?

Nice setup!

bell

Oh crap!!! I gotta get ready for the show.... I better quit hauiling them in and get ready!!!

Thanks for the reminder Duke!

Looks great! Really looking forward to meeting you and MJ!

Nick

I dont know about them "Non Ford" products, or if a Cutaway van/rv would have it, but many trucks with a tow package come prewired for a controller. All thats needed is a Tekonsha pigtail to run up underneath the dash. Cant hurt to cheack it out before rolling around on the ground.

When the Tekonsha Prodigy came out it was really a step up from the older systems I had used. When my brother started building his F450 hauler I picked up a newer P3 for him and they are even better. With big loads its nice having the simple digital readout so at a a glance you know where things are set and can make fast changes. Also like the Boost feature.

HorseFixer

You guys are allways welcome to anything In the Hardware Rack & Hauler I have, Thats what It's there for! :omg: MJ & I are looking fwd to meeting all of you at the show! :drool:

HorseFixer

I dont know about them "Non Ford" products, or if a Cutaway van/rv would have it, but many trucks with a tow package come prewired for a controller. All thats needed is a Tekonsha pigtail to run up underneath the dash. Cant hurt to cheack it out before rolling around on the ground.

When the Tekonsha Prodigy came out it was really a step up from the older systems I had used. When my brother started building his F450 hauler I picked up a newer P3 for him and they are even better. With big loads its nice having the simple digital readout so at a a glance you know where things are set and can make fast changes. Also like the Boost feature.

Thanks Nick as always you know yer CHIT :drool: Yep thats what sold me on the TEKONSHA it sends a gazillion pulses it gives the brakes for stopping pwr and the ease of adjustment and diagnostic features! On the RV being pre wired it might be! I will look into that before I start There may be the infamous blue brake wire run to the rear end? :omg: you can bet yer bottom dollar I will ck!

Jim_M

Duke,

Look under the dash in the area above the accelerator pedal. If it's prewired there will be a plug with 3 wires. If it's there go to your nearest GM dealer ( I think I remember your coach being a Chevy) and buy the other end of the plug. Wire the plug to your brake controller, plug the 2 plugs together and you're done.

Jim

HorseFixer

Duke,

Look under the dash in the area above the accelerator pedal. If it's prewired there will be a plug with 3 wires. If it's there go to your nearest GM dealer ( I think I remember your coach being a Chevy) and buy the other end of the plug. Wire the plug to your brake controller, plug the 2 plugs together and you're done.

Jim

Thanks Jim! I purchased this Tekonsha back about 4 months ago on flee bay and the guy was giving yer choice of plugs and I got one for my year which is 2001 3500 van jobbie! Yer right I hope the plugs there I will look tonight!

oldandred

I just looked at you trailor its a single axle does it have brakes ?? I know all doubles have brakes

HorseFixer

I just looked at you trailor its a single axle does it have brakes ?? I know all doubles have brakes

Jer, yep it has Electric Brakes and Torsion Suspension ordered it that way cause in case I got stuck out somewhere in inclement weather electric brakes are alot more stable when ya have slippery conditions. Which we have here all the time so I thought might as well get it on there! :omg:

HorseFixer

Well no luck finding the plug under the dash! :thumbs2: So I'm gonna hafta wire the whole fam damily! :ychain: Well I got the hard part done tonight all the gRoUnD cRaWlInG aNd hEaD bUmPiNg, <_< I pulled (1) blue 12ga from the front to the rear for the brakes and (2) 10ga wires (1) for the aux power to trailer and (1) spare. Tomorrow I should have everything all wired up.

This kinda feels like deja voo cause I just did this a year and a half ago on the Jeep for this trailer I guess practice makes perfect! :thumbs:

KyBlue

Better you than me, thou I did have to wire up my cooker trailer tonite, prolly should have brakes...But doesnt... since i will seldom be pulling it in slippery conditions...didnt worry about it too much...

Duke - trailer is looking good dude!!

CHARGER9AUTO

What show.... :thumbs:

Mike, The Wheel Horse Collectors Club Show in Arendtsville , PA :ychain: Some Red Square or the YAHOO Group members could not attend over the years . :thumbs2::ROTF: Ben

d180man

Hi love your tralier ! :thumbs2: hope you all have a safe trip and have fun and some one will take a lot of photo! :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Last Year MJ & I Took over 500 High Quality Photos and made a 30 minute video which is on YOU TUBE See It Here. Last yer We stayed at the Cock Roach errrr I mean Blue Sky Motel :thumbs: We did have Internet Connection So In the evenings I was able to upload oooodles of pictures. This year I will be staying onsite at the campgrounds at the show so I don't know If I will be able to snag up a Internet connection. :thumbs2: I will try!

Brrly1

Show? What show? Good luck Duke on getting internet access. I tried a few different cell phones there like Verizon and also mine Sprint and didn't have very good luck. See Ya, Bye Burly

:thumbs2:

d180man

Hi duke yes i have the videos saved on my youtube love looking at them ! and i seen some thing about the Cock Roach errrr Motel :thumbs: lol but hope this year is better for you ! and can't weght to see you photos or videos! i just can't get to it ! :thumbs2: but have a nice trip! :ychain:

Gene_S

Nice setup Duke :thumbs2: May I ask where you got the large WH head decal on the trailer? I'd like one of those for my shop. Hope you all have a safe trip!!!

Thanks,

Gene :thumbs: