Sign in to follow this  
Bad856

Project "Bad856"

Bad856

Ok Guys new to the forums here and thought i'd fill you guys in with the little project I have going on. Well to start from the beging. I bought my 856 in the back of my old toro dealer that I worked for off of a fellow employee for $70. It was litterly sitting in a pile of weeds. So after getting it home and playing around with it for a while the starter genorator went out. So long story short I'm kinda out of a starter genorator because the mechanic "lost" it after I left. Over the winter I kindof left the tractor be. As of the last month or so I've final pulled it in and started deconscrution. As of its current state I just removed the unidrive transmition. Now I do have a few questions. My transmition doesnt like to stay into its gear it has a tendency to flop around unless held into gear. Is there any fix or bolt up a better transmition? Also in relation to transmitions do you think the stock or rebuilt unidrive will handle dual ag tires on it? Next, Is there any place to get a used starter genorator or am I SOL untill I find another 8hp kolher to rob? And last is there anyway to get a new ignition? Thanks in advance I'm almost ready to start sandblasting just a few odds and ends to figure out some parts have primer.

Also what are you guys doing for seats? Mines demolished to nothing but metal. I'll have pics as soon as I can just thought i'd share my project with you all and in the end I can see a BAD856

clintonnut

Starter generators are pretty easy to find on Ebay. Just make sure you don't get a Cub Cadet one. Also the width of the lower bracket that the starter bolts through is critical. It is either 6.5 or 7.5 inches. Make sure you ask the seller this so it fits right.

We have completly rebuilt Uni-Drives that have new bearings and seals and are sandblasted, painted, filled with oil and have a shift boot and knob for $275.

Charlie

Bad856

Do you do trade ins for tran's? lol I do plan on blasting and painting all the parts and doing my own 2 tone color scheem. All rattle can I might add. Its a fun project. Do you know if the uni drive will be strong enough for dualys? I would suppose so but I dont know the strenth tollerence. Thanks for the imput I'll have pics up soon hopefuly

HorseFixer

Sounds like yer on yer way! :omg:

Bad856

just pulled out the old k181 and found even though i ran it before i removed it from the tractor the piston is now ceaced at the top of the cylender so I'll prob just get another one same goes for the trans it may not be worth going into it unless I really have to. Found another starter gen from here thank god. Should have the baster here tomarrow and frameing something to hold the tractor and the parts.

So is there anything to do to replace the trans brake shoe? replaceable?

Also my left side foot petal is being a bit of a pest comeing off. I've soaked it with pb blaster even took a swing or 2 at it. Any tips or just leave it on paint it with it on?

thanks really wanna finish within the next week or 2