crutchy

rj/suburban trans fluid

crutchy

Can anyone help me with what is recomended gear oil and how much, for a 58 rj/60 suburban. Also it seems like my clutch is slipping. I tightened the brake rod wich helped somewhat. If anyone could help me with these questions I would greatly appreciate it.

linen beige

Toro recommends SAE 90-140 A.P.I. service GL-5 Gear Lubricant for the transmission.

Your clutch slipping could have one or more of many causes. A slightly too long belt and/or a weak/incorrect spring would be the first things I would check.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

1 1/2 quarts 80w-90 Gear Oil for the tranny.

• Like 2

Racinbob

Either weight is fine but like Lane I've used 80w90 for years. Tightening the brake rod won't affect a 'slipping' clutch. What's slipping? The drive belt on the pulleys? It could also be one of the keys on a hub or the input shaft. It only takes one of them to cause issues. :)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Guys....this thread is from 2009 and crutchy posted this post only and never came back.    Lane fished you right in Bob.  :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Racinbob

Geez! I hate when that happens. I should know better than to follow the lead of a Hoosier. :doh:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Lane Ranger

Trollin , trollin, trollin down the river!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

953 nut
On 5/10/2018 at 12:59 PM, stevasaurus said:

Lane fished you right in Bob.

The important thing is that @Lane Ranger did give a correct answer!    :confusion-confused:     Would have been real funny if he had said 10 W 30 and @Racinbob and everyone else. started jumping on his case!    :ychain:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Right @953 nut...but it is like standing on your back porch and hollering into the wind about something that happened in May 2009.  How many times do you think that question has been asked since, cents, sense then??  Wouldn't be nice if @crutchy came back and said thanks guys??   Richard..... you, me Lane and Bob have been around a long time...just having a little fun.  I have no idea why Lane was about 30 pages back and answering posts.  :think:  but he did catch Bob.  :D

Seriously...I've been caught a few times with this old post thing also.  I am wise to it now.  :banana-linedance:

• Haha 2