Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

One got over the border...

Sparky

Well guys I accidently let a Connecticut based Wheel Horse attachment slip over the border! I tried every tactic :D I could come up with to save it but I was unable to stop it from being taken over the state line.

Actually Karl from NY drove out for a snow-blower attachment. It also gave me a chance to show off some of my W.H. stuff since its usually just tucked away in a shed and doesnt see the light of day to often.

It was great to finally meet ya Karl and I now know of another beer that I could buy if the local store is out of Coors Lite.

Mike....

nylyon

Today was like Christmas in July, and I sure did enjoy meeting Mike and his family, they really are a great group of folks, hope we get together again soon! Got the blower home and already have it hooked up!

First picture is kind of angelic huh?

blower1.JPG

The front view.

blower2.JPG

Megan had to get in the pictures too, she had a great time over at Mikes today too!

blower3.JPG

Side without Meg

blower4.JPG

Lifting this up, sure glad that it's on a Hydro.

blower5.JPG

Now if there was only some snow to play in.....

Sparky

Man that blower looks right at home on yer 416. Now you need to start searchin for some serious weight for the rear. I never recomend a weight box as it puts all its weight on the axles and axles bearings/bushings, where as wheel weights put all the weight on the rear tires where you want it. You might want to try filling an extra set of tires with some fluid. I have a set of fluid filled AG's and it makes a real difference in the mudand dirt.

Mike....

nylyon

Without the blower on the front, the 416 steers like it has power steering. With the blower on the front, it's like a 1971 International COE truck! Good thing the new front tires are 4-ply. I think maybe that I'll go to that dealer in Newburg NY who has the cast iron wheel weights and get me a set, along with some nice tire chains....

nylyon

Was at TSC today, and they didn't have any rear tire chains to fit. Probably out of season. I want to try to find some cast iron wheel weights, for their low profile, to hold down the back. That with the chains should be pretty good, gonna keep the turfs on there.

All that weight up front sure makes it harder to steer, wonder if I should look into HD Spindles? Do the HD spindles work with the same rims, or do they require new rims? I remember seeing a HD kit which came with new front tires and rims which is why I asked.

Sparky

I think that the HD spindles have a 1" diameter and were meant for the tractors that recieved a front end loader. I have also heard that their no longer available unless you go used. I have bought good used spindles off e-bay for around $20 to replace some that the previous owner never ever ever ever greased so their not alot of $$ to replace. If you keep em well greased I think you'll be just fine with the ones you have. If you do the math your probably gonna use it around 5-10 times this winter to go up and down yer driveway so its not like your going long distances like when your circling your yard mowing.

Mike....