Sign in to follow this  
igota310-8

37" SD Deck Spindle

igota310-8

Ok, so I managed to Drive over a Aircraft Cable used as a dog leash, that my kid left in the High grass at the bottom of my yard, and it wrecked one spindle on my Deck.

I saw one at Jacks small engines for 120$, are there any other sources for this?

Also, I got new blades to put on, but I cant for the life of me even Budge the old ones, how do you all get these off???

Thanks

Eric

Irv

I found the easiest way to remove the blades is with an impact wrench (if you have access to one and a compressor). As far as the spindle, I understand they are rebuildable if the housing is ok otherwise ebay or someone here may have one. Good luck!

Docwheelhorse

Hi--I have a couple of 37 spindles here if you need one. Also the only way to get the blades off is to hit the nut with an impact wrench (air gun). Let me know

Tony

igota310-8

Hi--I have a couple of 37 spindles here if you need one. Also the only way to get the blades off is to hit the nut with an impact wrench (air gun). Let me know

Tony

I'd like that, Thank You, Please PM me with Cost.

Eric

can whlvr

I have had to use my 24 inch adjustable and 24 inch ridgid pipe wrench with a 6 foot piece of heavy gauge pipe,yes it wrecked the nut for wrenches,but i got it fixed for the time being then replaced the nuts.Yes the impact wrench is the way to do it if you have a good wrench,mine is only a homeowner type so it did not work for me,the last set of blades.I also had one years ago that i had to cuy off with an angle grinder and a dremel and replace the nut,so now when i do blades i order the nuts as well,just in case.

igota310-8

Ok, I can take them to my Friends Auto shop and Have them impacted off, but here's the stupid question: Are they reverse threaded?

Eric

dgjks6

Had the same problem. Use a 6 point socket - and a long breaker bar - after using wd 40. I used a block of wood to secure the blade.

No they are not reverse threaded.

I also have a couple extra spindle assemblies if you need one.

Greg

igota310-8

I got my Buddy who owns a Garage to take them off for me, superfast and easy (impact wrench).

The Nuts are still in good order too :thumbs2:

Now to reassemble everything, with New Spindles, thanks to Docwheelhorse (Tony).

I'm Happy!

Eric