Sign in to follow this  
tommy3horse

GT 14 fuel line routing

tommy3horse

Hello everyone,

I am still working to get my GT14 started after a total rebuild. The fuel is not flowing to the pump. I have the line routed as per the pictures I have seen here and in the owners manual. From the tank to the shut-off valve with a small loop. Then from the valve to a filter positioned mid-way between the shut-off valve and the pump. The line takes a pretty severe bend 90 degrees up and into the pump. Just a small amount of gas gets through the filter and of course the shut-off valve was taken apart and cleaned as well.

So, do I have a bad pump or have I got a line routing issue?

Thanks, TOM

WH854

Look down in your gas tank.Sometimes there is a fine screen filter in the tank. That is just a guess :omg:

tommy3horse

Thanks, but the tank was washed-out before the rebuild. Gas runs freely through it.

TOM

tommy3horse

Ok, I am gonna try remove the filter and run a hose straight from the shut-off valve to the pump and see if it draws fuel and starts. Other than that, I thought I would pull the fuel tank off the Charger and place it above the tractor on a shelf and run a hose to the pump and see if that works. Maybe if I "prime" the pump in one of these two ways it will work? Definitly seems as if the fuel filter is holding the flow back. It is a Kohler filter. Could I be missing something else? Thanks in advance for any help!! :omg:

gwgdog66

Tommy,

I've had to take the short line loose between the carb and the fuel pump before and spin the engine starter to get fuel flowing through the pump. Once I had fuel there and hooked back up to the carb I didn't have any more problems.

JimD

i had the same problem on my c85. i replaced the line and the pump didn't want to draw the fuel, so i "borrowed" my wife's bulb type turkey baster and drew the fuel to the pump to get it primed. it solved the problem. last Thanksgiving the turkey went up in flames, but the tractor started right up when i needed the snow blower to bury it in the driveway. :omg: