Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

'73 10 AUTOMATIC

CHARGER9AUTO

I decided to swap out the Kohler 16 HP I'm runnin now and put the '74 C-100's 10 HP K-241 motor into my 10 - AUTO for once make it original . Ben

Sparky

So I gotta ask Ben, how many tractors has that 16hp Kohler been in? Just curious as it seems that you do alot of engine swaps.

Mike.......

CHARGER9AUTO

So I gotta ask Ben, how many tractors has that 16hp Kohler been in? Just curious as it seems that you do alot of engine swaps.

Mike.......

Mike, Quite alot one time in my C-121 AUTOMATIC I removed the 16 HP Kohler put back the K-301 12 HP another time on the new '73 10 - AUTO maybe

three times on and off the one I'm workin on now . should I put the '74 C-100's

10 HP kohler in this Horse or leave it as is with the K-341 ? Ben...... :omg:

Sparky

If the original motors are fine then I would leave them alone as the tractor will have a better re-sale value that way.

Just my opinion.

Mike........

CHARGER9AUTO

If the original motors are fine then I would leave them alone as the tractor will have a better re-sale value that way.

Just my opinion.

Mike........

Mike, The '73 10 AUTOMATIC never had no 10 HP Kohler motor I put the 16 HP K-341 in the tractor to test out it's transmission I could put the '72 RAIDER 10's parts tractor 10 HP K-241 on my 10 - AUTO , keep the C-100 stock with engine .

Ben....

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike, The '73 10 AUTOMATIC never had no 10 HP Kohler motor I put the 16 HP K-341 in the tractor to test out it's transmission I could put the '72 RAIDER 10's parts tractor 10 HP K-241 on my 10 - AUTO , keep the C-100 stock with engine .

Ben....

Mike, I make each tractor look stock with the Correct parts , 10 HP Kohler motor someday I may want to sell them . I sold several Wheel Horses 854 , 704 , Work Horse 700 , C-160 AUTOMATIC I felt sorry afterwards .

:omg: Ben.... :drool:

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike ( Sparky ) I removed the 16 HP Kohler from my '73 10 AUTOMATIC another 10 HP K-241 is in the tractor I'm still need to do more work so it runs

both tractors is stock has all the Correct parts . Ben....... :omg:

Sparky

Sounds good Ben. Now whats the plan after your done fixing it? Will it be for sale or put to work?

Mike..........

CHARGER9AUTO

Sounds good Ben. Now whats the plan after your done fixing it? Will it be for sale or put to work?

Mike..........

I say put the Horse to work my '73 10 HP AUTOMATIC Mike, I have another '72 Commando 800 parts tractor I restored that has an Good painted Banner Red fender pan that's in better shape for the 10 - AUTO . Ben....

Attached Image

post-3-1243828344.gif

CHARGER9AUTO

I decided to sell my '73 Wheel Horse 10 AUTOMATIC with the '72 Raider 10's Kohler 10 HP motor to buy more tractors :omg: Ben.....

Sparky

Sounds like you need to put a picture, price, and location in our "For Sale" section Ben.

Mike........

CHARGER9AUTO

Sounds like you need to put a picture, price, and location in our "For Sale" section Ben.

Mike........

Sounds like I need to keep the '73 Wheel Horse 10 AUTOMATIC it's my work tractor . Ben...........

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike........

Mike, Your upset at me about the problem I have with my tractors like this 418-A I won't post any more false posts on them next time . Ben... :omg:

CasualObserver

Ben, that's enough... Mike was merely pointing out that if you want to sell your tractor you know very well where the classified section is.... and the 418 is a dead topic and has absolutely nothing to do with this. I'm closing this thread.

CHARGER9AUTO

I put another front axle in my '73 10 AUTOMATIC because the steering had some play in it . out of the 16 AUTOMATIC parts Horse . and replaced the old tie rods with adjustable ones . sooner or later I will restore the tractor . Ben