Sign in to follow this  
StWeiler

B-80 implement options

StWeiler

Hello guys/gals,

I'm new to the site, and really like it. I currently have a 1974 B-80 that I picked up in non running condition a few months back. It was however complete. So, I ordered a rebuild kit for the 8HP K181S (gaskets, rod, piston, rings), rebuilt the motor and it purrs like a kitten now.

Anyhow, I know these are very versatile tractors, but I'm having a hard time seeing how it's possible to use ground engaging attachments with the B80. So if anyone out there has any input I would appreciate it. What would be even better would be PICTURES of the set up.

I paid $150 for the rig, another $90 for the rebuild kit, $100 for the K block, $25 for the belts, and $45 for the crank. So I have a little bit of money in it, but it will outperform any other MTD/AYP tractor I've had in the past.

Unfortunately it seems the WH bug bit me too late, and you guys have plucked this state dry of any good sources of rebuildable machines.

TIA :omg:

StWeiler

Here she is in all her glory....with the exception of the hood and seat/fenders have been painted since this photo.

WheelHorseB-80002.jpg

WheelHorseB-80001.jpg

KyBlue

what would you like to see? The Tiller?? If you search around a bit you'll run across some photos of my B80 and the 36" Tiller.. I also have a cultivator but no pics with it mounted... same with a Disc...

StWeiler

I'd love to see exactly what I need to be able to attach implements. I have no idea what to even look out for as far as type/style of hook up I need? Is it a tach-o-matic?

gwgdog66

:omg: Do a search for slot or clevis hitches. There are several pictures in the implements section.

Does your B-80 already have the tube to run the cable through? I managed to get a clevis hitch from a member here on the forum, and looked up the parts digram for the clevis attachment available for my 1975 C-160, and got the cable, pins and clevis' to make it work from tractor supply for about $27.

If I can rember to take my camera with me this weekend, I'll get some pictures.

KyBlue

Well Your going to need a clevis hitch or a slot hitch, depending on what attachment you have...

Your going to need the Rockshaft assembly... it mounts under the seat and connects the lift cable, youll need the lift cable,

To use the tiller... your going to need the rear axle hitch, the rockshaft assembly, the lift cable, the tiller...tiller belt idler pullies,

bitten

:omg:

The following is how I wished I would have done it. It would have saved a lot of time.

The first thing I would get is a owners manual. It will show you what holes to use on the rock shaft for diffarent equipment and what other things.

The rear end attachment would be the second thing I would look for. You will be able to put a snow/dirt plow on, tiller or a grader blade(goes under the tractor).

Try to get owners manual for all the equipment that you want to use, that way you know what all you dont have and will be able look for what you need.

It can be a long process when first starting out(it was for me), to get everything and know what to do with it.

Good luck and have fun,

P.J.