Irv

GATOR BLADES

Irv

Anyone know where I can get gator blades for a 42" sd deck? thanks

Duff

...and once you've got 'em, it'll spoil you for just about every other blade out there. I'm running them on three tractors now (two non-WH, unfortunately), mowing about 4 acres every 5-6 days, and they are amazing! Seem to hold an edge better than most, too! :drool:

(The preceding is NOT a paid advertisement!)

Duff :omg:

munsonRN

How about for a 42" RD deck? I've looked at a few different places but can't seem to find them. Thoughts?

MaineDad

It's my understanding that they are not available for the RD decks. Correct? If so, I'm buying a set too!

Duff

How about for a 42" RD deck? I've looked at a few different places but can't seem to find them. Thoughts?

Guys, if you can get me the measurements from one of your 42" RD blades I'll do some digging around. There are a couple of suppliers who have huge inventories of these blades for a whole range of mowers and somewhere there's got be a close enough match to work.

I'll need the length and as exactly as you can get it (within 1/64th), the diameter of the center hole (are they round, "D" or "double "D" shaped?).

Since I don't know anything about these decks, how much clearance is there between the upper surface of the blade and the underside of the deck shell? Gator blades do have a pretty radical upsweep at the ends where the mulching tips are located!

Duff :omg:

GlenPettit

No difference in the three Gator blades for a 42" RD or SD deck.

munsonRN

Hmm.

I've looked at many different webpages and can't seem to find them.

The following are the specs from one of the web pages.

Blade Length 14-1/2" (36.8cm)

Blade Width 2" (5.1cm)

Blade Thickness .203" (5.15mm)

Center Hole Diameter 3/4" (19mm) (ROUND)

I will have to measure the distance from the deck to blade as I am unsure as I sit here at work.

04fxdwgi

Hmm.

I've looked at many different webpages and can't seem to find them.

The following are the specs from one of the web pages.

Blade Length 14-1/2" (36.8cm)

Blade Width 2" (5.1cm)

Blade Thickness .203" (5.15mm)

Center Hole Diameter 3/4" (19mm) (ROUND)

I will have to measure the distance from the deck to blade as I am unsure as I sit here at work.

I see what you mean. That size doesn't fit ANY mower manufacturer for a Gator blade.

KyBlue

I've got a set on my 36" RD Deck...really wonder if they didnt put a set on from a SD Deck, thou the TORO MPV lists two different sets of blades for the SD and RD decks..

d180man

Hi if you have a part # we can get them if they still make them or we can get some like Gator blades but thanks have a nice day! :omg:

munsonRN

The wheelhorse/toro model # is 106635. Three are used to fit the deck.

gwgdog66
No difference in the three Gator blades for a 42" RD or SD deck.

Irv

Toro parts viewer lists same blades for 42" sd or rd deck. Gator part # is 90643. The Gator blades are sold individually.

munsonRN

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/gatToro.cfm

The specs on that blade are different than the specs for the 42" RD. The blade for the RD is 14 1/2 inches and that spec says 13 27/32.

Hmmmm...

GlenPettit

Re: Having two blades on each spindle, loosening.

The nuts do not loosen, but the blades may not always stay at 90

Jedakiego

The specs on that blade are different than the specs for the 42" RD. The blade for the RD is 14 1/2 inches and that spec says 13 27/32.

Hmmmm...

I have a 42 inch RD that I am rebuilding from rust holes and a 42 inch SD that I use on the lawn. There are deffinatley 2 different blades. If you put the 14 1/2 inch blades from the RD on the SD they hit each other.