Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

jusjeepn's 867

jusjeepn

I bought a 867 2 weeks ago and couldn't decide whether to sell it, part it, or build it. I knew if I parted it I could triple my money since I bought it for a song. If I built it I probably would not like it since I'm kinda a big block kinda guy. Here's what I came up with with some parts I acquired last weekend at Jon's! I like the rattle can job I did on the C141 so well I decided to do it to this one too. As you can tell I haven't got rattle cans mastered yet.

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

I finally got the 26x12x12 tires mounted today for the pink Raider so I nabbed the 23x10.50x12 turfs and put them on here. Later I'll put the 23x12.50x12 ags on here. The dash decal came from horsedr2000 on ebay. It's been sitting in my desk for at least a year because I wanted one of Terry's for my Electro. The shift decal came from Terry with chrome background. The front axle on the 867 was worn beyond repair so I snagged one out of a B80 parts tractor. The rear fender/tool box came from Jon. I think a 600 series tractor. I got a shallow pan K241 from Devin when I went to Jon's so I'll have my big block. It wont be a S/G motor when I'm done with it though This will probably be my new worker so I can start a resto on the 69 Electro. Looks real close to a 1045 and I just love it!!

HorseFixer

Looks good Pat! Geter Done :omg:

jusjeepn

Got some more done! Hood repair...

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

Seat repair/paint, fender tool box paint, detail work!

013-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

009.jpg

Gettin there!

Kelly

Ok what dash tower did you use?? and that looks like a 1045 or 1055 belt guard, sure looks like a 1045 with a 6 speed and newer hood with headlights I like it :omg:

HorseFixer

I know one thing I am digging those culters :omg: gotta get me a set of those!

JonW

Looks real nice!

Can we have a picture of the "chromed out wheel tractor"?

Did you have them chromed or did you buy them?

jusjeepn

Jon, The chrome tractor is a 420LSE, 65 of 225, all factory built and original with 237hrs on the ticker!

012-3.jpg

Kelly, The dash tower is the original 867 tower just separated from the rear section. I added a rear section, tool box and fenders from a 600 series tractor I got from Jon Bell. I bolted these all to the frame through existing holes and did not weld to the tower. I can, at any time, unbolt the rear section and reinstall the original rear section and fenders for an original 867. The belt guard is really the only modification that can not be put back to original. My intentions are to get another belt guard and stash the extra parts so she can be put back together at a later date. I have even kept the old worn out original axle just in case...

JonW

Pat, that is one beautiful machine!

Whats the model number for the tractor? Some parts look like they would fit on my 314-8.

Suburban 550

Lookin' good, Pat. :omg:

jusjeepn

A little progress made! The Kohler is out (for now) and a Teccy HH100 has found its way in under the hood! It's a runner and theres no way I could get it done in my time frame! A little sanding, a little painting and a little polishing gave me this!

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Tomorrow I think she'll be a runner! Just a little more and she'll be done! Or at least running till I get all the parts for the Kohler!

HorseFixer

Jood Job Pat! :thumbs2:

TJ

Looking good. :thumbs2:

bell

Lookig GREAT Pat!!!

tick, tock, tick, tock... LOL

jusjeepn

Thanks guys! A Labor of Love, that's for sure! Little more progress today! I had a few customers stop by for repairs so progress didn't happen the way I planned! I also had to do a little tree clearing, another time consumer :thumbs: .

009-1.jpg

007.jpg

The voltage regulator got mounted under the tank mount, the PTO pulleys were polished, the original PTO was removed and paint touched up, the drive belt is still having issues and I'm gonna have to move the belt guard a bit! I also had a clearance issue with the air cleaner. After a little :thumbs2: I came up with this!

010-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

And of course it had to be polished.... Your right Jon! Running out of time!

chamjack

I like that polished PTO! What did you use to do that? That really stands out. Looking very nice so far :thumbs2:

wheel horse 1045

i agree that looks sweet

jusjeepn

The polishing that has been done is a pretty easy but tedious process! I e-tank my parts, wire brush the parts straight from the tank then wash. If there is any remaining paint left, it is taken off by the 6" wire wheel on the grinder! The parts are then hand sanded with 220, 320, 400, 1000 and finally 1500 grit sand paper! I have an 8" buffing wheel (purchased at Sears) mounted to another bench grinder which turns about 3500 RPM! I use a metal polish called speedy shine which works excellent on steel and alu.!

Thanks for the comps guys! Hope it turns out like I want it in the end! It will still be a worker!

Gene_S

Hey Pat that looks real good :thumbs2: I have been wanting to make a clone 1045 maybe one of these days... I also have some of that Speedy Shine I bought from a guy here in Wabash and it works great!!! Great Job!!!

Gene :thumbs:

Jim_M

Looking good Pat!

I've got some parts for you when you're ready. I think I have enough stuff to make up for that bad starter.

jusjeepn

Gene, Same place I get mine! I'm running low I need to get up there and get some more!

Jim, p/m sent!

jusjeepn

Missed my deadline! Missed the show... :thumbs2: Progress slow! Lots of polishing, 54 pieces so far, 10 more to go!

001-1.jpg

Carb, painted polished and rebuilt! Fuel pump polished, mounted and plumbed! Temporary fuel tank installed and plumbed in! She'll run now but I have more parts to polish!

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

More later!

bitten

Pat

Really like the way your parts look after you polishe them. Just one ? how do you keep them from rusting or does the polishing compound put a protective coat on them?

The tractor is looking great I would like to add. Allways fun to mix things up a little and come out with something that looks and funtions great.

P.J.

jusjeepn

PJ, After I get this done, the entire tractor (assembled) will get painted with 2 coats of House of Kolor clear topcoat sealer! It's intended use is (was) for topcoat of different colors of paint used in Candy paint jobs such as Kandy apple red! It is no longer made but I still have some on the shelf!

jusjeepn

IT'S ALIVE!!!! Video to follow soon!

jusjeepn

Fabbed a belt guard today!

001-2.jpg

Front half is unknown from Jim M. Rear half is 867! The "custom" holes were burnt in with my Lincoln! I'll take it to my buddies later and tig it!