Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Back in the saddle again

nylyon

For most of this season the grass has been either too long or too wet to use the recycler. Even after the rain yesterday, today was the perfect conditions for mowing using the recycler. Ahhhhh, much nicer cruising around on the 416-H, and being able to cut in close on both sides sure is a benefit. Best of all, no clippings left to sweep up. Love the drier grass, and todau was picture perfect!

Karl loving the seat time....

Sparky

The no clippings part sounds great! My 42" rear, which doesnt have the baffles in it like some do, leaves a trail of clippings neatly in a line behind me and not spread out like I hoped. I guess my 42 needs the baffles. Have you used your rear discharge deck without the recycler thingy in it? If so whats it like?

Mike.....not in the mood to rake..

nylyon

Before I got the 42" SD, I would take the recycler off at the beginning of the season. Have to remove the 3 blades, then 4 bolts and the baffles are off. I would then put on the regular blades. When I would do that I would say that it left clippings on the left half (I think it as the left) of the deck. Guess without baffles, it has to go to one side or another.

Maybe try those gator blades, I hear they chop things up nicely. I haven't seen any recycler kits out there, they seem to be pretty rare.

nylyon

Do you have a sweeper? Have your son follow you on his sweeping up after you cut.