Sign in to follow this  
rondo

1980 C-175

rondo

I know the question of what a tractor is worth is relative and very over-asked, but I am curious about the value of a C-175. I passed a yard sale kind of event that had two C-175's out front (1980 and 82). Both were auto's, hydro lift, etc. I'll stick with the 1980 for my question(s). Looked kind of rough with a lot of rust and peeling paint, broken plastic under seat and rear fenders, actual seat was shot and generally tough looking. The attachments that were available were very used looking also, but all worked. The engine had been rebuilt about three seasons ago and it comes with a tiller, single stage snowblower and a really nice condition rear discharge deck. He wants $800 for the package and I might be able to get a plow/dozer blade too. At first sight the visual condition would make me think twice, but it runs really nice and I ran the tiller a bit (worked good). There's a slight hydro leak which causes the lift to drop over time and I don't know if that's serious or not, but I'm looking for thoughts on that.

Again, knowing that price/value is kind of relative does $800 sound OK or just way out of line either way?

Thanks guys.

Bow_Extreme

I'd try to talk him down to six but it doesn't sound too bad. It depends on what your plans are for it. If you fix it up and make it look good and run thru the mechanical aspects you should have a real nice tractor!! :omg: