Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

C121 Headlamp Assembly Needed

boovuc

Hi Guys!

I need to find some parts for my 1979 C121. I need the head lamp assembly for this tractor. Right now, I have the inside lamp holder. (What attaches to the hood). There are two bulbs in it but nothing to reflect the light out. The PO used a cut piece of thin fluorescent light diffuser to cover the front grill. Essentially, this grill lights up but is totally useless for seeing anything at night.

Anyone have something that will fit that looks stock?

Thanks,

Boovuc

Mill Hall, PA

TT

A replacement version of the original lens is still available from Toro under part number 98-1713. The last one I bought was around $20 plus shipping.

Don't expect much from the older headlights though -- even with the correct lens. They won't even come close to the 4411 sealed beams on your C-175.

boovuc

Thanks TT. and your right in the fact that the 175 can actually peer into the darkness. I'll dig up the part number and order it though. It looks really crappy the way it is.

By the way..........the lock nut lossened on the friction spring. No broken weld. I re-adjusted it and it holds speed now. It will be great to have both hands on the wheel and my butt cheeks not sqeezing the seat!

Thanks Again!

Boovuc

Mill Hall, PA