Sign in to follow this  
redfish

312-A transmition

redfish

My 312-A mows like a champ for about 40 min. and then will not go up the slightest hill. I tried losing weight but that didn't help (the tractor). I think the hydroulic pump is giving up. My local Wheel Horse dealer said that seal kits and rebuilt tranys are not available...so I found you. If I take the pump out and carry it to a hydraulic shop are parts for Eaton pumps still available. Does this forum have spell check. I don't want you all to think (know) I'm not a great speller.

kpinnc

Can't help ya on spell check, but agree your Eaton pump is going south.

You can try 30W oil in it, but even if it works it's just a temp fix. You MAY be able to find a replacement, if you look around for an Eaton 700 series CCW pump with a splined output shaft and keyed input. But I warn you- buy a new or refurbished one with a warranty. Some hydraulic shops carry them for around $300 if you trade yours in.

If you buy used you're likely to pick up another one that is shot, and you won't know until about 40 mins after you've used it... Trust me, I know from experience.

Good luck!

Kevin

JonW

If you use Internet Explorer for your browser then here is a free spell check program.

IE Spell Check

:omg:

hodge

Fedfish, welcome to Redsquare.

It would be a help at some point to tell us where you are located, in case someone has a way to help, but no idea if you are close.

I have two Eaton 1100 complete rears, if you want to upgrade...