Sign in to follow this  
puddlejumper

changing models ?

puddlejumper

Hey guys did they make a 653 recoil start and if so would it be to big a sin to change my lawn ranger into a 653. I think I got everything it takes when I factor in my commando 8 parts tractor? Or am I missing something that will keep it from passing as genuine?

WH_Hobie

it not really that hard but it also depends what type of lawn ranger you have if it has square rear fenders or if it has the round fenders and you will need to change your lift stuff

puddlejumper

wh 702 It is a 63 lawn ranger with original techy. It is complete as it is. I even mowed my grass with it yesterday.

WH_Hobie

yeah then i don't you have to change much more than the rear wheels witch you will have to install hubs and i think they have a front axle like a 62 so it will look more like a 62 with the front axle under it aand the 653 would have been electric and recoil start

puddlejumper

Well the electric start part is what gets me in trouble dont have that part and the 633 was a kohler recoil start correct?

WH_Hobie

yes it was a k-141 6.25 horsepower kohler with the tiltson updraft carburator but if you just put big wheels on yours it will be more like a 1962 502

puddlejumper

Ok Was going to do that Just for chits and giggles anyway. And when I finally get out the paint cans for this one (got to finish a 856 first) I will restore it back to a 33R.