Sign in to follow this  
rondo

36" side discharge mower issues

rondo

Haven't used the Horse to cut yet this year - until tonight. Set it up and have two issues. One is minor and I'll fix it - go into that in another thread.

Bigger issue is the deck. It misses lines as it cuts - like one or more of the blades (3 total) isn't turning, or at least not turning well enough to cut. I think it may have started to do it late last year, but it's not consistent. In fact, when I started out tonight it was cutting fine, then I could hear it change tone a little and suddenly it was leaving uncut patches about 2-3 inches wide. Hard to tell exactly where it's missing, it's not always exact - almost like something is slipping or mis-timed (if that's even possible). A little frustrated, but hopefully someone has dealt with this before.

By the way it's a B-100.

Thanks guys.

Workin_Horses

I had my 36" deck do that once, but could probably happen to any size deck. Do you remember hitting anything hard underneath the deck or with the deck at anypoint? :omg: Turns out I must have hit something or somehow bent one the spindles out of alignment so the deck belt didn't run a constant tension on all three blades at all times. It was especially noticeable when I was mowing either tall of thick grass. I replaced the spindle and haven't had any trouble with that deck in the two years I used it after the fix, of course I haven't used it this year either... Got a bigger horse with a wider deck :drool:

Just my thoughts

Duff

I've had this happen before on other decks and found out I had dulled just one end of one of the blades by hitting something. For whatever reason the "skipping" was random, but as soon as I resharpened everything the problem disappeared. Just a thought..... :drool:

Duff :omg: