CasualObserver

Lift link dimensions for a 40 inch grader blade

CasualObserver

I found a decent old 40 inch grader blade at auction recently, but it's missing the angled lift link.

05-12-09032.jpg

05-12-09033.jpg

Would someone please post these measurements of this piece? :omg:

graderlinkdimensions.jpg

Duff

Jason, I've got a mid-mount set-up that looks identical to yours.

Mine came with a home-made lift-link made out of a piece of straight bar stock that someone had drilled holes in both ends and merely inserted pins with hairpin clips (is that the right term?) in place of the welded pins in your picture. If this would work for you I can take some measurements tonight for you......

Duff :omg:

EDIT: There's a pretty good picture of my set-up here:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6898

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Thanks for that link Duff... I was looking for that one. I hadn't managed to find it yet though... I've been reading many search threads on grader blades....I just got finished re-reading your old thread where you bought that blade. It came out nice, good job! Thanks for the offer... I can probably just give a guess at making a straight flat link... but if someone's got the angled one handy I'd appreciate the measurements. I don't know, but I think there's a functional reason for the length and angle... like maybe better down pressure when grading? It looks like (if installed correctly) that if the blade would try to float or bounce (creating a washboard effect), that link's angle would prevent it from doing so. (just a guess though... ) :omg:

Duff

You are probably right about the down pressure control and floating. I've got some projects ready for the blade but haven't had the time (does that sound familiar to anyone around here?) to hang it on the tractor yet. It WILL happen....I keep telling myself! :drool:

From reading my old thread, you know I had one helluva time getting the swivel post apart. I hope you don't have to go through that PITA! :omg:

I'll be watching this thread for the measurements if someone has them, as I may want to fab up an angled link, too.

Have a great day!

Duff :drool:

C-Series14

I have an angled link, has a number on it...5581 The measurements are:

A= 10 1/2"

B= 6"

C= 4 3/4"

pin to pin= 9 3/4"

CasualObserver

Thanks Mike. Your link is from the belly section of the two part cultivator. The part number for the grader link is either 5678 or 104357. Anyone know if they're the same size?

C-Series14

I had bought that at the show or somewhere, never really looked into where it went. It works on my C-Series with my 50" grader blade so it must be close.

all4glh

I had bought that at the show or somewhere, never really looked into where it went. It works on my C-Series with my 50" grader blade so it must be close.

I know I'll get speared or something for resurrecting an old thread, but pictures in the above posts would be nice to be updated. At least in my case.

Brrly1

Jason, I have a picture for you. I actually have both links, 5678 an 104357. I will go ahead and post them. As far as measurements go I think that Mike hit it dead on the head. I hope you know that I read your post an went truckin' out to the garage because I knew I had something close, low an behold, presto. I even had the correct #'s you asked for. So anyways, here ya go. Take care :thumbs:

:wh:

DSC04162.jpg

mr.pipes

It is made from 1/4" plate 1" wide.

Pin's from center to center are 9 3/4"

Pin's are 1/2" on center from end, 1/16" strong on the small pin

Small pin is 3/8" diameter, 5/8" tall

Big pin is 3/4" diameter, 7/8" tall with 3/8" diameter X 1/2" pin tacked on

5" from big pin end to center of lever

6" from small pin end to center of lever

The angle of offset for the pin's is 2"

(if you put one side of lever level to groung, center of one pin is 2" higher than other)

Hope that is clear.

The 40" is the lower one in the pics, the upper one in the pic is for a 50"

417tireshood033.jpg

417tireshood030.jpg

417tireshood029.jpg

417tireshood032.jpg

417tireshood031.jpg

all4glh

Bump if someone could take a look at the document I had posted. Want to get this made this week.

mr.pipes

Bump if someone could take a look at the document I had posted. Want to get this made this week.

I tried to look at it before and again just now. No luck. I guess I won a free iphone though. I don't have/use mediafire but have been able to view other peoples pics that they linked to on other file hosting sites. :thumbs: If you can email me a PDF I will check it out.

Kelly

Ya I'm not down loading the software to look at a PDF. sorry I got slamed with spam after trying to view it.

all4glh

Not sure what that's about. I can see it just fine with that link. I'll try emailing it.

B-8074

Not sure what that's about. I can see it just fine with that link. I'll try emailing it.

I would say it's because you have an account with them.

all4glh

If you could PM me your e-mail I will send it as an attachment. I have it as a PDF. Mr.Pipes, I tried to e-mail you using the board.

:thumbs:

all4glh

Alright, I got the piece made (not by me). I just need to clean it up a little bit, grind down some sharp edges and paint it. I'll have pictures up as soon as I can do that.

a9f8b33d.jpg

28a872e1.jpg

It's a little over 9.75" from center to center on the pins. I'm going to look it over when I try to install it tomorrow and see if I want to have it cut and welded about an inch or so shorter. I think it's going to be close because there is a 1/4 - 3/8" plate tack welded to the bottom of the grader. Not to mention I want to repaint the blade because it's yellow right now.

71_Bronco

Hey Mr Pipes, any chance you could take measurements off the 50" grader blade link?

I need to make a link and would apprecieate dimensions.

Thanks

mr.pipes

Hey Mr Pipes, any chance you could take measurements off the 50" grader blade link?

Thanks

The grader is not at my house and I havn't been able to stop and take a look at the link yet. But I will get them for you as I can.

mr.pipes

Thanks

Here is the link to a new post I made with pics and dimensions

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=30084

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Woodsman

This post has perfect timing as I just purchased a 40" blade that needed the lift link. Joe, your PDF file is perfect. I reccomend it goes into the FAQ's.

Thank you!

squonk

What is the bigger end with the hole used for?