Sign in to follow this  
phipsi27

Caught an Oklahoma horse

phipsi27

It took about a week, but I finally got my rope around one of those rare Oklahoma Wheel Horses. :omg: It's a 1988 310-8 with a 42" rear discharge deck. Not many Wheel Horses out here. She is getting settled in with the 856 now. Sounds and runs very well. It has been well taken care of.

Tylersgraduation081-1.jpg

gwgdog66

:omg: Good Job!!

hodge

Nice find! I know that the typical mentality is that bigger is better, but I have grown to really appreciate my 310, and am amazed at how suffecient that 10 horse kohler is. I would take it over a new sheet metal tractor with twice the hp... :omg:

Suburban 550

Nice find, Mark. :omg:

Prater

Nice Find, I have come across a few but they are pretty pricey around here...

HorseFixer

Good looking horse! Oklahoma you say? must be HIDALGO! :omg:

Michael Bullington

that is exactly my next tractor...nice!!!!

tgranthamfd

Good job, hope it runs as good as it looks, and , as far as I can tell, you are right about there not being many around OK. :omg:

phipsi27

It works very well. Up until Sunday, it had rained here every day for 22 days. A couple of my neighbors had let their yards get away from them, so Sunday they asked me if I could knock them down so they could use their own mowers again. It didn't even bog or act like it was working hard. No problem! :omg:

Tylersgraduation083.jpg

TJ

Nice tractor. :omg:

gwgdog66

It works very well. Up until Sunday, it had rained here every day for 22 days. A couple of my neighbors had let their yards get away from them, so Sunday they asked me if I could knock them down so they could use their own mowers again. It didn't even bog or act like it was working hard. No problem! :omg:

Tylersgraduation083.jpg

It rained her in the City for about as many days. I mowed my cousins place Sunday, and the grass was so tall, thick and wet it stuck like glue to the bottom of my mower deck. I thought I was going to have to stop and clean it before I finished cuttin the grass. The old C-160 Horse cut right through the stuff though.

can whlvr

Nice tractor,is that original paint?if so you can tell it has been well taken care of.Sounds like the horse situation is the same as here,and if you find one here they are usually well taken care of,as these were fairly costly to buy new.When i bought my 308-8 in 1986 it was over 3000 dollars which was a lot of money to spend right after buying a house in the country.

gwgdog66

Mark, How do you like the rear discharge deck?

Irv

That's a nice looking tractor. I use mine with the 37"sd deck and bagger for most of my lawn cutting.

phipsi27

can whlvr - It appears to be the original paint. There are a few scatches but no rust. I was told by the PO he got it from a church. I don't think it has ever had anything other than the mower on it.

gwgdog66 - I like the rear discharge decks. Both of mine have one. They almost never clog up and you can get up next to objects on both sides. Would like to get a lawn sweeper someday.