Sign in to follow this  
C-Series14

C-195 questions....

C-Series14

Well, I took the engine off the tractor and found something interesting. looking from the seat of the tractor, the left 2 mount bolts of the engine go thru a "L" bracket that is mounted over top of the mid tach-a-matic plate. NOW, the right 2 mount bolts of the engine go thru the frame but the holes are so close to the inside edge of the frame, the holes are open to the edge. Is this normal? The holes look original but why are they open to the edge? There are several other holes in the frame but this engine is the original size, KT-19...

mcwh1950

mike i look at the fame

c195.gif

i try to figure it out, and the only thing i got from it was hunger from all the holes, so i had to go and got a slice of swiss cheese. hope some one will be able to help you.

C-Series14

Good pic. I don't have that piece on the right side where the open holes are. We are thinking that was an add-on for the second model of the tractor, in 1984. I think I am fine without it, been that way!

Thanks...

gattonde

I just checked my C-195 and it is just like yours, engine mounting holes close to edge and the extra piece of steel in the drawing missing. I couldn't tell if the holes actually broke the edge or not since there were large washers covering the steel.

Since it has lasted this long, I'm not worried about it either.

Post pictures of your rebuild, I'm sure many of us would enjoy them. I plan on rebuilding mine sometime in the futre.

Dan, South Jersey

C-Series14

Heck, I can't stay out in the barn long enuf to work on it let alone take pics! :omg: I have some on here of it before the resto so I will take a couple stripped down and some going back together, AGAIN, if I ever get off my rear!!!