Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

New Wheel Horse Plow

Lane Ranger

I picked up this Wheel Horse plow this afternoon for $50 in Cloverdale, Indiana from a guy who wanted it to go to somone who would make sure it was used.

His son had repainted it just weeks ago.

100_5687.jpg

100_5688.jpg

I think this is the large 12 inch plow -because every one I have seen (or my dad owned) was smaller. On the Interchangeability list the 12 inch plow is listed as PP-513 and 7-1411 as a model number.

100_5684.jpg

:omg: Just wondering if anyone can provide some guidance on how to determine the actual model of this plow without a serial number?

It does have the original wheel horse tag that has been painted around several times. The grease fitting still works fine on the colter.

100_5680.jpg

kpinnc

These plows are measured across the line formed between the tip and the share. Basically, you measure horizontally from the "V" shape at the back of the blade to the front.

Kevin

mcwh1950

lawn ranger if this is the pp-513 it got the wrong yoke assembly on it, because the pp-513 was use with the clevis hitch and not the slot hitch.

Lane Ranger

Thanks Kevin and Smitty!

It measures 12 and the hitch set up may have been changed but i very heavy steel stock.

It has a slot hitch set-up and I think he said it use to be used on a Commando 800.

I think it will work on a 1054 ok. I know my dad made a similar hitch set-up piece for his old plow that he uses on a 1054.

Thank you again for the information. There is no substitute for the depth of knowledge about Wheel Horses as their is on Red Square!

CasualObserver

I know you already have your answer, but for others... the pictures in these posts might help.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6273

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6539

kpinnc

These plows are measured across the line formed between the tip and the share. Basically, you measure horizontally from the "V" shape at the back of the blade to the front.

Based on Jason's post, I may have told you wrong. If that is the case you have my apologies. My plow may be larger than I previously thought! :omg:

Kevin

big mike

Without seeing the back I am going to say it is a 10" made by Brinly.

And at 50.00 you got a screamin deal.....there are sites that would congratulate you by saying "you suck!"

dkopp

Could you guys show us how you measured that plow? That would help anyone else who had questions on how to measure a plow. My father-in-law has one but we disagree on how to measure it. And just how big of a plow can most 12 to 16 HP tractors handle? Thanks.

CasualObserver

To find the size, measure across the bottom from the landside to the part of the share that is farthest from the landside.

Imagine you are standing behind the plow, looking down.

c855b2dd.jpg

52cd5daa.jpg

dkopp

Thanks, fellas....I was measuring is correctly. My father-in-law was measuring the angled lengh of the share. A picture is worth a thousand words.....sometimes two...

Lane Ranger

Big Mike : Here are some additonal photos of the back of the plow:

100_5696.jpg

100_5701.jpg

And the front a little closer:

100_5700.jpg

big mike

Seeing the brace it appears it may be an 8" not a 10"