Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

Memorial Day

KyBlue

Got these in a email, alot of my family has been in the military - My grandpa was @ Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. I have all of his medals, so these mean something a bit special.

Lets everybody take some time and remember the true purpose of memorial day.

MemorialDay8.gif

MemorialDay7.jpg

MemorialDay6.gif

MemorialDay5.jpg

MemorialDay4.gif

MemorialDay3.jpg

MemorialDay2.jpg

MemorialDay1.gif

linen beige

Lets everybody take a minute and remember the true purpose of memorial day.

Not just a minute once a year. Take at least a minute every day to remember it. Thanks to all our veterans and those serving now.

HorseFixer

I am Truely Thankful for my brothers who gave the ultimate sacrifice! I served and Enlisted in 76 right after nam. It wasn't the best time to be a soldier. I will never forget.

perry

my dad was in nam.

he passed away in 2001.

Just Piddling

:omg: to all who have served :drool:

Operator

:omg:

acsousa82

:omg: :drool:

Thanking all who have served for this country - past, present, and future.

Alex

____

New Jersey

jerrell

:drool: Duke, i was in Viet Nam three times, and know what you are talking about, on my last tour of duty there , we landed in san francisco and we were met with about 200 protesters that threw dog poop on us and spit on us , i still have a lot of anger built up about the way we were treated back then, thank god the men and women serving today does not have to put up with that, and like you i have had family that has served, in fact i am the seventh of seven sons and we have all been in the service, we have represented every branch of the military except the coast guard.. we have 5 purple hearts and the silver star between all of us.. thank god we all made it home safe a great many didn't ,,,Now it's just one older brother age 72 and me left,, they all called me the baby of the family :omg:

I'm still proud to say i served... :drool: and thanks to all you veterans for your service.. :(

Operator

:omg: This one is for you Jerrell :drool:

I remember how the guys were treated too when they came home, it wasn't right!

The guys would change out of uniform, not to raise awareness of their return! I remember.

:drool: And this one is for any of the others on here who were there. :(

Thanks Randy

Coadster32

Very well put guys, and with class.

HorseFixer

:drool: Duke, i was in Viet Nam three times, and know what you are talking about, on my last tour of duty there , we landed in san francisco and we were met with about 200 protesters that threw dog poop on us and spit on us , i still have a lot of anger built up about the way we were treated back then, thank god the men and women serving today does not have to put up with that, and like you i have had family that has served, in fact i am the seventh of seven sons and we have all been in the service, we have represented every branch of the military except the coast guard.. we have 5 purple hearts and the silver star between all of us.. thank god we all made it home safe a great many didn't ,,,Now it's just one older brother age 72 and me left,, they all called me the baby of the family

I'm still proud to say i served... and thanks to all you veterans for your service.. :drool:

Yep Exactly! Everyone had their reasons I suppose to enlist, mine was to serve my country and get an education I guess I got an education early on the treatment part of things. :omg: Thats okay Its all good. Time changes people and things I guess. Im not gonna sweat the small chit! We did our part that is what matters :(

Duff

:drool: This one's for all you guys, and those who have served and are serving this great nation today! :drool:

My Dad was a tail gunner in a B24 in the Army Air Corps in WWII. Flew 40+ missions out of Italy over Germany and lived to tell about it. A lot of guys in his unit didn't. My Mom was a "MASH" nurse in the Phillippines and aboard a hospital ship, regular Army. Anybody here watch M*A*S*H in reruns? Mom says that although that was Korea and she was in WWII, the story lines and the characters are very true to what really went on.

I tried to follow in their footsteps but found out I have a congenital back defect I didn't even know about until I went for my Army physical......

Anyway, God Bless this great nation of ours, and all who gave and are giving their all to keep it this way!

Duff :omg:

Sarge

Memorial Day

Never forget our soldiers, peacetime or otherwise.

Semper Fi,

Sarge

stevasaurus

hey guys, this is always a very special weekend. My one grandfather was in the army in the war to end all wars, and again in the next war. My other grandfather was in the army in WWII. My uncle was in the army during Korea in 1955. My brother and I were in the navy for 4 years during the early 1970's. The pride is swelling when I think about it. We all knew people and friends that did not come home, or are still not right because of what they experienced. Reading some of the posts above brings tears to my eyes...sometime you want to forget, and sometimes you can't. Bottom line...WE MUST NEVER FORGET. THIS WEEKEND IS A TIME FOR REMEMBERING. :omg::drool:

THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVED!! :drool:

C-Series14

30 plus years in the AF Reserves and still going! Proud to serve...and proud of those before me...

:omg: