Sign in to follow this  
dennisleno07

electric PTO

dennisleno07

I got a question on how to remove an electric PTO on a k301 i took the bolt out and it won't pull off even with wd40. i still won't budge an inch i am about to give up and take it to a shop that maybe able to help. i was told to use a torch and heat it up but i am scared to use heat because i don't know if it will hurt the motor or not.

jerrell

:omg: dennis don't know about that model but i removed one from the motor on my 20 hp onan and there was two bolts, one in the end of the shaft, and the one holding the clutch from spinning with the shaft, did you remove it?? seems it would have to have one,,,just a thought. :drool:

TT

The outer end of the clutch hub bore is internally threaded for use with a pusher bolt. Once the small bolt and washer are removed you should see the threads inside the end of the clutch. I can't remember what size it's threaded for but you'll need to get an appropriate bolt that will screw in the end of the clutch and push against the end of the crankshaft. Make sure you oil the threads on the pusher bolt and use an air or electric impact wrench if you have access to one.

eibbed

Hey guys,

Thanks for the great information. I had no idea how to get my electric PTO off of my 8HP Tecumseh. However, after reading your posts last night, I went to ACE Hardware this morning; purchased a 5/8" X 2 & 1/2" standard thread bolt, screwed it in and she came right off.

:omg:

Dave