Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

Front wheel weights?

Hodge71

Does any body know if wheel horse ever made front wheel weights. My Dad has em on his 1973 12 auto but he made both the front and back weights himself.(he worked at a steel transmission pole manufacturer and made them out of over 6 inch thck steel base plate).I dont ever recall seing one with wieghts on the front. The 416 that I picked up had the black plastic weights for the back(never used) the gent I got it from gave me the install kit and it came with shorter bolts that look like they would be for a front set. I would love to get a set for the front to install, if anyone knows or has a set.( They really made a difference in Dads ). :drool:

Thanks in Advance for the Help,

Jeff :omg:

1995 416 Hydro

48" side disharge deck

1997 44" 2 stage Snowblower

Kelly

Yes they made cast iron fronts, they are very hard to get, also there are aftermarket, and other brands, also in a pinch, you can use the rear weights off the small MTD style tractors that have 8" rears they bolt right on but stick out and look kinda goofy but work.

Jim_M

You can also use front weights from a Sears tractor, they fit and are cheaper and easier to find than Wheel Horse Weights.

CasualObserver

They're not hard to find.... they still make and sell them... they're just REALLY expensive. Toro/WH part number 81214 - 8" Cast Iron Front Wheel Weights.... $166.31 from the Toro Store, 146.65 from Sohar's (RCPW.com) (New Rear Wheel Weights are available too.... Part# 81117) :omg:

wheel horse 1045
DSCN0400.jpgthis is the fronts and backs

Kelly

I didn't say hard to find, but hard to get, most sell used for about what you say new ones are. I'm still looking for a deal......

wheel horse 1045

i could be wrong but i was told that the new ones are not like the old ones looks wise

mailman

I just picked these up today. Real nice shape. I didn't know that they made front weights either. Don't really have a need for them. But seeing as they are somewhat scarce, maybe I'll see what I can get for them. I sure wouldn't mind trading for a set of rear and mid cultivators. :omg: I am surprised at the weight of these.

003-5.jpg

Sarge

If you're looking to sell them, shoot me a pm...

Sarge

d180man

Hi ( mailman ) nices find the last front set cost me arond $125.00 with shipping ! i dont know if i would brake up the set if i was you ! :thumbs2: but nice find ! i have 2 type of back one some have the hole for the vavle stem ! :thumbs:

366498095.jpg

mailman

Curtis,

The more I think about it, the more I might want to keep the set as it is. By the way,

do you know if that is the original paint on your rear weights?

d180man

Hi no dont know :thumbs2: have seen them red and white! but you do have a nice set! :thumbs:

d200

I recently got a d200 with a three point hitch and was wondering if anybody could tell me if it is possible to mount a rear pto set up to this tractor? Did wheel horse make a add on kit or any other manufacturer ? The tractor is a mid 70's with a 20 horse kohler.

CasualObserver

Yep, but that's about all I could tell you. Someone like Curtis would be able to tell you more.

rearPTO.jpg

Jim_M

There's a complete one on eBay right now.

I have a spare pto setup but haven't decided if I want to part with it yet.