Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

A good read!

jusjeepn

Got my new "Straight From the Horse's Mouth" book today! I read it already!!!! I'll read it again tomorrow! And the next day... and the next day... and the next day... and.....

It's way cool! signed my Micheal Martino and Cecil Pond! Number 22 of 150 copies! I also got a copy of the announcement letter from Elmer Pond announcing the new president of the company dated March 12, 1957... Cecil Pond! Also signed by Cecil Pond (in ball point not a stamp)

Prater

I recieved mine yesterday. I read it last night. I have book #20. It is very interesting, I just could not put it down...

Suburban 550

It's a great book. Must have read mine about fifty times since last years show.

tractorchick

Where did you get the book? I wish I had bought one at the show last year! I've even had people calling ME to order it. Who did you get it from?

TT

Martino has them on EBAY.

Parke1

I got #35 of 150. Just picked it up today as it was left at the neighbor's house yesterday. I haven't had much time to read it yet, but I will be tonight!

I'm having my mother in law frame the letter signed by Cecil!

-Parke1

Ohio_Tractor_Nut

I got mine on Saturday. I read the entire book as soon as it arrived. It took me four hours. It is a very good read, especially for us newbies. I love any story of a hard-working person realizing the American dream in any situation, but this story was very special. :omg: The horses mean much more to me now!

Duff

Just got #21/150, and boy am I happy! I already had the "non-collectors edition", but this one autographed by Martino and the letter signed by Cecil Pond are well worth the very reasonable investment and will become permanent fixtures in my den. Now I can keep the other one in my shop as a reference work. Life is good! :drool:

Duff :omg:

Coadster32

Got mine on Thursday. Number 8 of 150. Gonna get a frame for the letter. 1/2 way thru the book, and not dissapointed. My wife said, $40!! It's not even a bible. In one way, it is though. She rolled her eyes! :omg:

gwgdog66

I got mine Saturday #6 of 150. My first addition book is now my brothers. I think he read it cover to cover last night. :omg:

Hodge71

I liked the book, but I'm also a bit disappointed.I was hoping there was gonna be production numbers and other stuff by year. Plus not having anything after 1985 was kind of a bummer. There are alot of others chapters to the wheel horse story that wasnt included because of this. Im not tryin to irritate folks, just my opinion. It did help me find out that the actual name for the bagger that utilizes an impeller driven off of a long belt and deposits clipping in a large canvas attachment on top of the dump cart my Dad has on his '73 12 auto is called the wheel horse lawn vaccuum and it looks like they only made from '73 to '76. Then in '77 it had 2 different part numbers. Gotta research that further. But it explains why nobody i talk to has ever heard of this thing ,let alone seen one.

chazm

Just got my copy today & must say very interesting , good reading so far.

Really like the old pics & adds & I'm only to chapter 3

Folks like the Ponds are what our country was built on. :omg:

tgranthamfd

My brother brought me his. I finished it in a day or two, just reading periodicly whilg getting ready for work. AWESOME book. Guess it is not the collectors edition, couldn't find a book #.

bitten

I got # 27. I did'nt put it down till I finished it. Was a little disaponted when done as I was just really getting in to it. Just loved it. Good quality, the letter and CD made it even better. A must have book for any Wheel Horse fan.