Sign in to follow this  
WHC-125

Went Pulling with Bill

WHC-125

Today Bill and I went to a tractor pull in Woodbury, CT. Bill brought his C-175 and I went empty handed but a guy that usually goes to all of the pulls let me drive his Gravely 816 because he had his John Deere 400 in the same class and he saw me taking pictures and said "Chris, you wanna do something instead of just taking pictures?" I said " Yeah sure!" He replied go hop on the Gravely for me and I will drive the 400. So I was pulling with Economys as was Bill and the track was like a mud run/ hole. I placed 6th out of like 45+ people(For my first time I thought that was pretty good).

Here are a few pictures of Bill on his C-175 hopefully he uploads some of me on the Gravely.

Backing up to the boat.

TractorPullandC-1015-9-09002.jpg

Getting hooked up

TractorPullandC-1015-9-09001.jpg

Checking it out

TractorPullandC-1015-9-09003.jpg

Pulling!!!!!

TractorPullandC-1015-9-09004.jpg

Bill

Here's Chris hooked up to the boat with the borrowed Gravely

IM001209.jpg:drool:

Chris waiting his turn in the mud

IM001208.jpg

Myself waitng my turn in the mud Behind the economy I'm happy to say that the old wheel horse took out 3 of them economy's :omg:

IM001207.jpg

Well it was a good time for all.. !!

stevebo

Chris/Bill,

I was wondering how the Economy tractors do at these pulls?

Sparky

Looks like a great time guys! So how well does a Gravely pull? The engines in the back right? I guess you need tons or weight up front to keep the front end down.

Mike......

Bill

All most forgot the one showing the Red Square Logo :omg:

And just to show you the mud was a little deep, take a look at the mower deck...

BTW Steve-Bo thats your deck....

IM001210.jpg

Bill

Looks like a great time guys! So how well does a Gravely pull? The engines in the back right? I guess you need tons or weight up front to keep the front end down.

Mike......

The Gravely's Do very well, matter of fact they do so well that they have there own class at our Normal pulls... As well as the Economy's have there own Class. this pull we where all thrown together on tractor weight....

Our Next pull well be June 13th at Goshen Fair Grounds Reg is at 8:00 am and the pull will start at 9:00

Sparky we are still on for noon tomorrow correct??

Coadster32

Looks like a really good day. Good job Chris!! Thanks to all for sharing.

stevebo

Bill,

that deck has looked better..... glade it is workng for you

Sparky

Sparky we are still on for noon tomorrow correct??

We sure are Bill. See ya then.

Mike.......

WHC-125

The Gravelys do very well and the one I was using was great but would have been better because it was a mud hole. :omg:

Suburban 550

Good Job Chris. :omg: Looks like you and Bill had a great time.

Bill

Good Job Chris.  :drool:  Looks like you and Bill had a great time.

Pssssst don't say anything, but I LET Chris out pull me :omg::drool: :(

Coadster32

Pssssst don't say anything, but I LET Chris out pull me

Well, horse jockeys are a smaller breed! :omg: :drool:

d180man

Hi nice photos looks like you had fun :omg: they have stoped alot of the pulls around here do to the cost of ins. but good luck on your next pull too!

Ken B

Looks like ya had a good time Chris. I used too spectate at the pulls all the time thru out CT. I remember two young brothers that both pulled with Gravely rear engine jobs. They won all the time and I was told that because of that, they made a class for rear engine Gravely's. I remember a guy that pulled with a Mint and I mean Mint. Pa. Panzer as well. He always did very well and was a lot of fun too watch. Is there a pull in Redding CT. this weekend?

Bill

Looks like ya had a good time Chris. I used too spectate at the pulls all the time thru out CT. I remember two young brothers that both pulled with Gravely rear engine jobs. They won all the time and I was told that because of that, they made a class for rear engine Gravely's. I remember a guy that pulled with a Mint and I mean Mint. Pa. Panzer as well. He always did very well and was a lot of fun too watch. Is there a pull in Redding CT. this weekend?

I'll just jump in real quick on this Ken, The guy with the Panzer pulls with us, matter of fact we pulled last week in Goshen and he was there, Also he has been in the last two issues of LAGC Magazine with his Panzer... There is a pull this Sat. in Redding, Reg is at 9:00 and the pull will start at 10:00 it's at 43 Lonetown Rd. Redding Ct. If you go make sure you come over and say Hi, Both Chris and I will be there I'll be pulling in Class 6 and Chris will be Pulling in Class 5..

Ken B

Thanks for the info Bill. Will the pull be a go with rain? Thats all its been doing for the past month it seems.

WHC-125

The first pull we went to was rain so I think it will be :thumbs2:

Bill

These tractor pulls seem to be turning into mud bogs this year!!!

WHC-125

Maybe I should bring my quad instead of my tractor? :thumbs2:

Bill

did anyone at the Pull today happen to take any Pics???? I forgot my cam.... Steve_bo I forgot to ask you today, did you get the MAg, I mailed to you???

stevebo

nill, i got the mag,thanks. i got a few pics and my 2 year old got about 100

Ken B

I had totally planned on making the pull today. Last night I got a call from a guy that bought a motor from me and he was driving all the way from Indiana too pick it up! When and where is the next pull event?

Bill

If ya can steve post some ok.... I took home first place and didn't even get a Photo of it :thumbs2:

Bill

I had totally planned on making the pull today. Last night I got a call from a guy that bought a motor from me and he was driving all the way from Indiana too pick it up! When and where is the next pull event?

We get a little Break now Ken. Our next one is in Colchester at Zagray Farm Museum July 18, Reg is at 10 am pull starts at 11 am

Whats with the story for the fokes in Indiana??? I too sold a kt 17 series one to a Guy from there and he drove all the way to Ct to pick it up... turned around and went home... :thumbs2: Kt17 Series 1's are like a dime a doz... there good for a boat

Anchor.... but that"s my opinion