Sign in to follow this  
M J

prayer for the duke

M J

yesterday morning bob was getting ready for work . when he went to walk into the kitchen he couldnt hardly walk or talk. he told me he would be fine,and that he was going to work.i told him he was going to the hospital right now and that he was having a stroke.got him into my car to hospital.they told us that he had a tia mini stroke.then while at the hospital he had two more lost complete control of his left side. we had to rush him by ambulance from niles to st joesph michigan where he is now. what a ride that was....please pray for him....he will see you all at the show .... this has been a big warning to him .because he is diabetic start to smoke again.and has been spending too many hours out in the horse stable getting no rest at all. working so hard getting the tractors finished. your body doesnt live well on 4 hours asleep a day with no breaks. even now he is worried about that tractor while in the hosiptal. we told him not to worry we would do what we could to help him finish to be ready for the show. he will beat this!!! he has more determination than anyone I know. please keeep him in your prayers thanks MJ.

TJ

My thoughts and prayers go out to both of you.

wheel horse 1045

mary im sorry to hear that ,my prayers are with you and bob

JimD

my thoughts and prayers are with you and duke. he is the finest gentleman on any tractor forum, and i pray he recovers quickly, and fully. rest up, duke.

CHARGER9AUTO

mary im sorry to hear that ,my prayers are with you and bob

MJ, Get well soon Bob we all miss you at Red Square your in my prayers . Ben

oldandred

Mary

Tell Bob the tractors aint going anywere

I will keep you and bob in my prayers

Im sure he will rebound and be ready to rip into the tractors in good time

nothing can keep a good man down and the duke is one.

Coadster32

Your family will be in our prayers also. Quite a gentleman he is!

Sparky

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike.......

Butch

Duke I'll be pullin for and keepin you in my thoughts. I thought you were

burning the candle at both ends. You were over doing it. MJ you're gonna

have to pull rank on him and make him slow down. This is a warning from

his body. Please keep us informed on how he's doing. Hang in there

Dukester. :omg:

Butch

rustbucket

i will pray nightly and daily for his fast recovery and return to the hoby he loves so much. make sure he dose it in moderation and not so off the wall.

T-Mo

I will keep Duke in my prayers and ask for a speedy, and full recovery. As for the horses, they can wait. Overall, no hobby is worth your health. MJ be sure he follows doctor orders to the tee.

bell

Knee mail sent... :omg:

64s

I'm sorry to hear this. My mother had one last year and made a full recovery. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

CasualObserver
praying.jpg and wishing you a speedy and stress-less recovery. :omg:

whfan74

Duke is doing fairly well everyone. I received a voicemail from MJ this afternoon asking me to call the old Duke. She told me he had a stroke and is doing much better today.

Well I got the old guy on the phone and his voice was a little shaky but it was the same old Duke. He sounded tired, as to be expected, but was in good spirits. We had a good talk for a little while in between doctors and nurses coming in to check on him.

Let me tell you this scared the crap out of him and after talking to him, I honestly am glad that it did scare him. He understands fully what it is going to take to be back better than ever. His plans are already set and is putting it in to action as we speak. Of course look at the Stable.....he likes to have a plan. It is one thing to go through this and not make changes but it is another thing to realize how lucky you are and to make changes so this doesn't happen again.

He said he will be in the hospital until Monday or Tuesday. He is going to be off of work for a while. When I asked what I could do, he simply responded, "pray for me." That is done Duke and will continue to be done.

He appreciates this site more than anyone will ever know. He hasn't been part of the Wheel Horse collecting family very long, but has found something that he really enjoys.

Duke and MJ, you are both in my prayers. I am thankful that you got in touch with me today. I am thankful that you are doing much better today. Hang in there buddy.....there are many prayers being sent up on your behalf.

kpinnc

You are in our prayers, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Kevin

formariz

My best wishes and prayers for a fast and complete recovery.

Bill

My thoughts and prayers go out to both of you.

Duff

Duke and MJ, although I've yet to have the pleasure of meeting you in person, through this forum you've become like the good neighbors next door we'd all like to have. You are both in my prayers......

Duke is in the best hands a man could ever hope to have: a devoted wife, good medical people, but greatest of all - the all-powerful and loving care of our Father in Heaven.

With sincere wishes for a complete recovery followed by many more years of good health and happiness,

Duff :omg:

pond195520032003

Duke, hope you get well soon and try to slow down a little! we will pray for you !!

jusjeepn

Duke and MJ, Your in our prayers here at the Stair houshold! We'll be praying for a speedy and complete recovery! Anyway we can help, let us know!

buckrancher

Duke

you and MJ are both in are prayer's I wish you can have a speedy recovery

I hope you meet you and MJ at the show in june don't worry about

the horse's your heath is more important

SALTYWRIGHT

HI.............I WISH YOU A SPEEDY RECOVER. I HAD A BAD HEART ATTACK IN 2005 AND SOLD MY BOAT AND GAVE UP A LOT, BUT I AM BACK NOW AND ALOT BETTER. SO JUST TAKE SOME TIME AND EVERY THING WILL GET BETTER.

ALL IT TAKES IS TIME AND DOING WHAT THE DOCTOR SAYS. RUSS :omg:

Operator

Our prayers are being sent from Wisconsin for the two of you guys, Tell him not to worry about tractors it will work out.

And more prayers are coming from TDB in Niles MI to you guys also.

Keep us all posted.

Randy

jerrell

MJ and Duke, take care of yourselves , and you both are in my prayers.