Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

value of a front carrier

dgjks6

I am not sure if this is an appropriate topic or if this is the place to post, but - here is the story. I was looking for just a 48 inch deck and ended up with a 312-8 with a 42inch deck and a front carrier. Now I really need the deck and the wife is not happy about any further wheel horse expenditures. The deck - which I figured I could just put on my tractor needs some work. I need a mule drive, belt, one pulley, anti scalp wheel, and rear wheels.

So now I have more stuff, but still can't mow my lawn with a wheel horse.

So I put the carrier is the classifieds and everyone is asking me what I want for it, and I have no idea of the value. Is there a way to check this? I do not want to take advantage of anyone, and I also don't want to get taken advantage of.

jtmoyer

i can't tell you a value. but it is a rare piece and it is complete so i would say the value is high. but if you make the deal work for both parties and trade for a good usable 48" deck everyone wins. i have a complete 48" deck :omg:

zieg72

I would be interested in the carrier as well. I have a 48" deck that needs repair but it is complete with the mule drive and belt. I am in NW Indiana.