Sign in to follow this  
Joemckna

Engine Decals

Joemckna

I'm almost done restoring my 1976 A-100(Model # 62-10BP01). I've been working hard on it and I'll post a full thread with pictures as soon as I'm done so you guys can see the end result including the before and after. I'm mostly doing cosmetic related stuff at the moment since I've gotten the sanding and painting side of the job done. All of the decals on the tractor are all there, except for the engine decal. I haven't been able to locate the original on-line anywhere(no luck on Briggs or Toro's website).

Unfortunately, there wasn't anything really left of the decal when I got to it. You couldn't even read it it was so worn and cracked... So snapping a pic for an accurate re-production isn't possible. I have a few snaps of it if that helps?

The engine is a 10 HP Briggs & Stratton(# 251707-0161-99). I figured I'd see if anyone here had any information on this particular decal? Did anyone here do a re-production?

I'm almost tempted to just buy a standard Briggs and Stratton decal and a standard Wheelhorse decal to put on engine the cover. If that's my only option, is there a one stop site on-line that has a standard Briggs 10HP and a standard Wheelhorse decal? Would this be a blasphemous move? :drool:

:omg:

sorekiwi

I dont know what specific decal you need, but search at http://www.smokstak.com/,

there are decal vendors there that are reproducing some of the engine decals.

Pretty interesting site too, if (like most of us) you are into old stuff...

:omg:

CasualObserver

This guy on ebay sells them, I've gotten some from him before. Good stuff.

Engine Decals - Ebay Store

Vinylguy

Jason

Thanks for posting this. I have had many requests for tecumseh engine decals

It appears that this seller has some good stuff and I can focus on the tractor decals

now knowing there is a good source for the members to get the engine decals.

sorekiwi

Jason

Thanks for posting this. I have had many requests for tecumseh engine decals

It appears that this seller has some good stuff and I can focus on the tractor decals

now knowing there is a good source for the members to get the engine decals.

We might still have to harass you, TD. His Tecumseh decals arent quite the right ones for my 502....

Michael Bullington

I would love to see that early model tecumseh engine decal reproduced! :omg: :drool:

CasualObserver

look up rupp mini bike decals... there's a guy who does the Teccy ones too.

Here he is... Rupp Parts

And no problem Terry... hope all is well with you.