Sign in to follow this  
ronscat

Tag-a-long mower

ronscat

Someone asked about using one some time back. I meant to get a picture of my Polaris 44 inch finishing mower when I used it about 2 weeks ago but forgot till after I washed it and put it away. Here she is (by the way I paid $340 for it about 8 years ago or more used). I have cut about 2 to 3 acres with it a bunch of times since with minimal expense for 2 sets of blades and 1 new belt just last week. I feel like I have got my moneys worth out of it:

Ron

P1000421.jpg

P1000425.jpg

Bill

Nice... I like that :omg:

jusjeepn

Your Polaris looks like my Swisher

027.jpg

C-Series14

Hey Pat...where did you get your Swisher? Something looks familiar....as in the gray wheels. I am going to guess that is a 40" older model Swisher with the thinner wheels and no anti-scalp rollers?

jusjeepn

Mike, It is older, 1980-1984, but is a true 44" cut! I use it to mow the field with which is uneven so she scalps at times. It is a finish mower but I have raised it clear up, put it behind the ATV and used it like a bush hog. It does have antiscalp wheels on the front but it scalps on the back side. Where I mow with it I'm not real worried about a little scalping.

Oh I forgot, I got this from a deputy sheriff buddy who happened to be on a raid where it got confiscated. After 90 days of waiting it went unclaimed so I bought it for a small donation to the local Co.PD

IthacaJeff

Hi,

I'm the one that sent the original email regarding the tow/pull-behind mowers.

Based on the advice from you folks, I'm out looking for one. Around here

(central NY) I've seen 3-4 year old 44" to 60" Swishers and Agri-Fabs go from

$500-900 on the local Craigslists, which seems okay a price, but I'm holding

out for lower. . . (and waiting for an estimate on my seeping septic!).

Any idea which is a better product, the Agri-Fab or the Swisher?

Jeff in Ithaca, NY

C-Series14

OK Pat...I saw the gray wheels and it looked familiar. I had an older 40" Swisher that I re-painted but left the wheels gray so it caught my eye!!!

ronscat

Jeff, I don't know about the Agri-fab pull behind. I wasn't sure what I was getting with the Polaris/Swisher. I just needed a mower at the time I bought mine, and didn't have much money to spend (still don't :drool: ). Mine has been bullet proof so far. I cut some stuff (weeds) that was taller than my head on the Sears garden tractor towing it. It won't make everyone happy for sure but has done good for me. Your mileage may vary. :omg:

Ron

Whispertje

Nice, I like it. :omg:

ronscat

The green thing (piece of old water hose) in the 2nd picture is my oil drain line - goes straight into the pan without a mess.

Ron