Sign in to follow this  
chevelletown

Cub mini project

chevelletown

This one came from a buddy of mine that used it to mow with every week then quit driving it when he got a new JD :( He stored it in a fence row under a vine until I came along wanting a tractor project :(

Now that I have Wheel Horses there is no need to have the Cub. Last night I got it to fire up and run for a while and tonight I pulled the carb for a rebuild. When it is running I'll post it in the for sale or trade section. I comes with two mowing decks (one old original style and a newer style) and a set of old ag. tires. The rear tires that are on it now are no good.

WheelHorseset032.jpg

WheelHorseset033.jpg

WheelHorseset034.jpg

Don't the rear fenders look nice :o They shure don't look stock :D

WheelHorseset035.jpg

The engine has been rebuilt but I have no idea why he painted it blue :(

WheelHorseset036.jpg

The carb ready to be removed for rebuild, tank looks nice & clean inside :P

WheelHorseset037.jpg

The rear ag tires & rims

modracer

nice looking tractor looks liek it would be a good resto project :D

chevelletown

Thanks Kyle. I agree about it being a good resto project, it seems to be complete. At this point I'd rather put my resto efforts t'wards a Wheel Horse :D

modracer

yea thats a proble i have i will restor anything thats why i have a bunch of projects on the go but im selling a buch of stuff cause i never use it all lol

pond195520032003

Not too bad :( model 100 should have a 10hp kohler :D:( the fenders definitly are not original :P i think they are off a springfield :( :o

CasualObserver

I was thinking those fenders look like they could be Wheel Horse? The cub shouldn't have a toolbox under the seat, and that one sure looks familiar? Perhaps a closer picture will answer... does it have the cut outs for the lift cable/tube?

CasualObserver

Maybe I've just WH on the brain though...

nylyon

My brother-in-law loves Cubs. His old one blew the engine and his boss let him borrow his 312-8. He thought the Horse was nice, but really wanted his Cub back. While doing some work, he found the exact model tractor he needed in a barn. The owner told him to just take it! He's got his Cub back now...

pond195520032003

not wheel horse fenders! if you look real close you can tell it doesent have the cut out or impression for the cable/tube :D i guess its possible they might be optional fenders for a bolens ride-a-matic :P

CasualObserver

I couldn't tell about the cable/tube cutouts... (picture is small on a 15 inch screen :D ) but now I do notice in the first two pictures the front of that toolbox/fender is white (possibly original color) could be off a Sears Suburban too... late 60s SS12 maybe?

oh, and chevelletown... I like the cub 100... i have one I'm going to fix up too. one thing to make sure and spruce up to sell is where the battery grounds out... it gets really rusty there.

chevelletown

Tonight I got the carb. rebuilt. I had to put new thorottle and choke cables on. The tank was nice & clean. I adjusted the points, hit the starter button and it fired right up :( I can't believe the old Kohler runs so good after all those years in the fence row. :P The charging systems checks out good. The next step is to check tranny, cluthc & brakes. Swap the rear tires and she's ready for a new home :D

traktorkidd7/30/93

chevelletown where are you located?

chevelletown

I'm located in Westfield, IN 46074 thats on the North edge of Indianapolis at the cross roads of US31 & ST Hwy 32